Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have most of the day to myself and I would LOVE to get out and meet a few of you.

Was thinking of hitting up Left Hand Canyon, or something close, for a few hours to just get out and play.

Anyone interested? Idea's?

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
If I get done with landscaping early (meaning, if we get it all done on Saturday), I might be up for this one. Keeping it close is important right now with all of the things we're getting into...

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
It sounded like Madman and FJC Boulder were looking at a run up in that general area. Did you guys get out there together yesterday?

·
Registered
287 Posts
It sounded like Madman and FJC Boulder were looking at a run up in that general area. Did you guys get out there together yesterday?
Yes, we just tool'd around on and off Switzerland trail. Did some exploring on a few of the side trails, Madman was being true to his name by rallying every muddy water hole we came to. It was a good time, I received my first official trail damage to the rig. A log flew up under the rig and punched a bulge in the floor of the under body on the rear passenger side. :boohoo: I'm hoping it will be easy to pound out.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I couldn't make it.. post was quiet and with the weather.

I did get to watch the Rockies lose... AGAIN!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Yes, we just tool'd around on and off Switzerland trail. Did some exploring on a few of the side trails, Madman was being true to his name by rallying every muddy water hole we came to. It was a good time, I received my first official trail damage to the rig. A log flew up under the rig and punched a bulge in the floor of the under body on the rear passenger side. :boohoo: I'm hoping it will be easy to pound out.
Did you guys go on the section between Sugarloaf and Sunset? If so, did you take the first offshoot to the left....big rutty section right at the start, then just goes up for a while, there's a very steep and very rocky offshoot from that one to the left....then sharp right curve at a big dip in the trail and then a tight section that leads to some old mining pits, etc?

If so, did you try that really steep and rocky section? I've wanted to, but I want to walk it first, and just never have yet.

There's another offshoot that I want to try there sometime too....I think it's the second one to the left. As with Pennsylvania Gulch (access from this section of the ST just before getting into Sunset), this one goes up and eventually hooks back up to the Southern section of the ST. I have gone down it a ways from up there, but have never connected it all the way. We should do that one this year. With all of the snow I saw in as far as I went this spring, I suspect it's extremely muddy back in there right now.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
we should get a group together this weekend and hit Left Hand.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i would be down for miller rock just need a time and a place to meet y'all

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Dang! I hope you're going to do it during the day. I can't make it either way, but at least then it wouldn't be so bad since I can never make day time runs cause of work. If it's going to be after work though, I'll be sad to miss out....I'm already booked up.

Somebody make sure to contact the Ranch to ask them to open the gate for you on the other end.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
anytime works for me just not to late in the the day.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dang! I hope you're going to do it during the day. I can't make it either way, but at least then it wouldn't be so bad since I can never make day time runs cause of work. If it's going to be after work though, I'll be sad to miss out....I'm already booked up.

Somebody make sure to contact the Ranch to ask them to open the gate for you on the other end.
ocr14a thanks for replying in the thread, I was planning to give you a ring today to see if you could do the run. Sorry to hear that you can't make it no matter what time of day. Plus, sorry to say I won't make this Sun for the "Exterior Pampering Day", will be up in the mtns working on the house. I'm going to try to get a recon mission in for Wheeler Lake and Mosquito Pass to see what the current conditions are, will let you know. :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
ocr14a thanks for replying in the thread, I was planning to give you a ring today to see if you could do the run. Sorry to hear that you can't make it no matter what time of day. Plus, sorry to say I won't make this Sun for the "Exterior Pampering Day", will be up in the mtns working on the house. I'm going to try to get a recon mission in for Wheeler Lake and Mosquito Pass to see what the current conditions are, will let you know. :bigthumb:
OK. Looking forward to your trail report.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
we should maybe make a new thread to see if any body else wants to go. im even down for stoping on the way back and garbing some food and beer. :cheers:

·
Registered
287 Posts
we should maybe make a new thread to see if any body else wants to go. im even down for stoping on the way back and garbing some food and beer. :cheers:
I have some things to get done in the morning. How does 1pm at the gas station off 66 right before you get into Lyons sound, I believe it's a Diamond Shamrock/Valero. Afterwards if everyone is up for it we could stop by Oskar Blues (Lyons) for food and drink.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts