Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this e-mail from a company called Morpace claiming to be doing a survey on Toyota's behalf. Has anyone else received this e-mail or think it's legitimate?

-----

Toyota Wants Your Feedback!
Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:55 AM
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Toyota is conducting an important marketing research study. You are being contacted to share your opinions regarding new features being considered for future Toyota vehicles. Your comments are vital in helping Toyota continue to develop products that go beyond expectations.

This survey runs from July 23 through August 3 and will take about 25 minutes to complete. Please respond within this timeframe. All who complete the survey will be entered into a sweepstakes drawing for a chance to win one of four $250 prizes.

Rest assured that this research study is being held exclusively to obtain consumers' opinions of vehicles. Participants' personal information is kept strictly confidential and is not used or released for any type of direct sales, marketing or other purpose. Toyota respects your privacy. Morpace, the company that is administering this survey on behalf of Toyota, adheres to the mandated CASRO Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research. For more information, please view the Privacy Policy at Morpace.

To participate, please go to:
Sweepstakes Winners [full URL removed]

To America Online (AOL) Users:
Please use the following link to start the survey:
<a href="http://surveys.morpace.com/">Click here to start survey</a> [full URL removed]

If you have any questions about this study, or problems entering the site, please email us at [email protected]. Please include the email client you are using. (MS Outlook, Hot Mail, Lotus Notes, Yahoo, etc.)

Thank you for your interest in this important research project. We look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Winkler
Project Director
Morpace Inc.

To be removed from future Toyota Internet-based research mailings, please reply to this email with REMOVE in the subject line.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Why not forward the email to Toyota's customer service and ask if this is sanctioned by Toyota?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not forward the email to Toyota's customer service and ask if this is sanctioned by Toyota?
Good idea! :thinkerg:

Somehow whenever I have a question related my FJ, I turn to this forum first -- someone always seems to have the answer (and frequently alternate ideas). But in this case, asking Toyota directly is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post their response when I get one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have received so many surveys in the mail I can't count them anymore. After filling out four of them I am tossing them in the trash now. I can't believe Toyota is sending out that many. I haven't received any by e-mail yet.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Haven't received this survey yet, but I agree that it would be a good idea to foward this to Toyota and see what they say.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
I rec'd it the other day. It's about electronics options and how much you would be willing to pay for different electronics packages (GPS, On-Star type services, Stock quotes, sports scores, live internet, etc...).

DEWFPO

·
Registered
864 Posts
I did 3 surveys for Morpace when I was driving my SuperDuty. I was great to drive the new model, get payed for it and tell them what I did and did not like. I got the drive the then new 6.4 twin turbo diesel before is was released for sale. I would do another on for the Toy if I get invited. The Ford one I did were legit, they had pre-production trucks for me to drive.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I have received so many surveys in the mail I can't count them anymore. After filling out four of them I am tossing them in the trash now. I can't believe Toyota is sending out that many. I haven't received any by e-mail yet.
The ones I receive each have a 1 dollar bill in them. You might as well open them first before tossing them out. I have 5 crisp new ones sitting on my kitchen counter. Saving up for two gallons of gas.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I got it too. It did ask about how much I would be willing to spend on upgraded stereos, gps options and the like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the dollars out before tossing them. I wonder what the deal is ?? I have purchased new Fords, Chevys, and Dodges and not all this survey stuff has come like this. I just figure they must be selling the information you give them in these surveys.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I just received this e-mail from a company called Morpace claiming to be doing a survey on Toyota's behalf. Has anyone else received this e-mail or think it's legitimate?

-----

Toyota Wants Your Feedback!
Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:55 AM
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Toyota is conducting an important marketing research study. You are being contacted to share your opinions regarding new features being considered for future Toyota vehicles. Your comments are vital in helping Toyota continue to develop products that go beyond expectations.

This survey runs from July 23 through August 3 and will take about 25 minutes to complete. Please respond within this timeframe. All who complete the survey will be entered into a sweepstakes drawing for a chance to win one of four $250 prizes.

Rest assured that this research study is being held exclusively to obtain consumers' opinions of vehicles. Participants' personal information is kept strictly confidential and is not used or released for any type of direct sales, marketing or other purpose. Toyota respects your privacy. Morpace, the company that is administering this survey on behalf of Toyota, adheres to the mandated CASRO Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research. For more information, please view the Privacy Policy at Morpace.

To participate, please go to:
Sweepstakes Winners [full URL removed]

To America Online (AOL) Users:
Please use the following link to start the survey:
<a href="http://surveys.morpace.com/">Click here to start survey</a> [full URL removed]

If you have any questions about this study, or problems entering the site, please email us at [email protected]. Please include the email client you are using. (MS Outlook, Hot Mail, Lotus Notes, Yahoo, etc.)

Thank you for your interest in this important research project. We look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Winkler
Project Director
Morpace Inc.

To be removed from future Toyota Internet-based research mailings, please reply to this email with REMOVE in the subject line.
This, it turns out, is a legitimate survey conducted by the Advanced Technology department within Toyota Motor Sales. They are testing some potential telematics services for future vehicles.
The study was conducted with Toyota and Lexus owners. The fielding closed yesterday.
The Telematics they are referring to is Toyota's version on ON-STAR. it will be first introduced in the Prius in August of next year. Then it will move to Land Cruiser where it will be standard equipment.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Per some of the suggestions earlier, I forwarded the e-mail to [email protected] on Thursday. I received a message on Friday saying they were researching my question, but as of today, no official confirmation that it was on Toyota's behalf:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

We are currently researching your inquiry and will contact you when the research is complete.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file ######. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us via email or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday and from 7 AM to 4 PM, Pacific Time, on Saturdays.

However, after neworleansparrothead said she received the same survey, I figured it was okay and went ahead and completed it. :cheers:
Like she said, it was about potential new GPS and telematics services, and how much I'd be willing to pay (up front and/or monthly) for various features.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts