Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Silver FJ 4x4 last Saturday and took it out to climb some rocky hills Sunday. The wife and 2 boys had a blast, we went with a buddy of mine, his wife a 2 girls. He is an avid off roader and knows the local fun spots really well. The FJ really impressed him in its stock abilities. As we were nearing the end of our run the trail narrowed and I got some branches on the right rear quarter, so that is over with. Now I can wheel without worring about it.

I gotta get this thing up about 3 inches or so, I like the look of the All-Pro Walker Evans kit but will need to read that forums a bit more.

Anyone in Southern California in the I.E. or High Desert (Victorville) area that is interested in a weekend trail ride please feel free to send a PM.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I live in Victorville, Spring Valley Lake to be exact. I also have a silver 4x4. We wheel alot in Big bear/ Arrowhead area. I dont know if we will go out this coming weekend, if we do you are more than welcome. My son 8years old and daughter 5 years old always go with my wife and I so bring the kids. Most of the trails are easy to mod. so we can keep the scratches to a minimum. PM me with your info. Mark Trentham

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Any day you can scratch a new rig before the licence plates go on ...is a good day!!! Way to go!!! Paint's for the mall...

·
Banned
72 Posts
The DAY I bought mine, I took it up in the Sierras on a 4x4 road that had brush intruding into the center of the paths. As a result, both sides of my new FJ were scratched... BADLY. I took it to my local detail shop, and for $300 they buffed / sanded / buffed all the scratches out! It looks like new, even though it now has a 1/100th of an inch less clear coat. ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome. Watch those OEM skid plates, they aren't very tough.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
welcome to the MODness!!

good thing you got the first pinstripes out of the way already :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I picked up a Silver FJ 4x4 last Saturday and took it out to climb some rocky hills Sunday. The wife and 2 boys had a blast, we went with a buddy of mine, his wife a 2 girls. He is an avid off roader and knows the local fun spots really well. The FJ really impressed him in its stock abilities. As we were nearing the end of our run the trail narrowed and I got some branches on the right rear quarter, so that is over with. Now I can wheel without worring about it.

I gotta get this thing up about 3 inches or so, I like the look of the All-Pro Walker Evans kit but will need to read that forums a bit more.

Anyone in Southern California in the I.E. or High Desert (Victorville) area that is interested in a weekend trail ride please feel free to send a PM.

Nice, now that's what I'm talkin about. Welcome aboard.

The DAY I bought mine, I took it up in the Sierras on a 4x4 road that had brush intruding into the center of the paths. As a result, both sides of my new FJ were scratched... BADLY. I took it to my local detail shop, and for $300 they buffed / sanded / buffed all the scratches out! It looks like new, even though it now has a 1/100th of an inch less clear coat. ;)
Welcome back Rustler.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
My first ding was on mile 500. Congrat's on your new FJ!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome!

Well, that should make you feel better. If it doesn't, I dinged mine on the test run from the dealership... didn't even own it yet. That will teach 'em to say "drive it like you would if you owned it."

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A fellow SoCal guy here. Look at my sig and you'll find a link for some events in SoCal. Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I find myself not being able to wait for the weekend to get back in the dirt. As far as mods go, I have never had a "stock" car. This is my first Toyota so my mod process with be a bit slower as I want to reseach more so I don't regret a parts selection.

Mark, yes I work (well I wouldn't call in working) in aviation, I am a A&P Tech. I work 3rd shift so it may take awhile for me to reply sometimes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts