Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2102 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
^^^ Did you do a long exposure or crank up the ISO? Very artistic.
Both. It's a 16mm f/1.4 lens exposed for 20 seconds at ISO 3200. I use a small light stand mounted video light on it's dimmest setting - you can barely see any light emitted from it when it's on, even with your eyes fully adjusted to the blackness of a remote location like this - off to the right side to light the tent and FJ for the shot.

I used an intervalometer and took 120 photos one after the other with those settings. I'm in the process now of putting them together into a 5 second long timelapse video that will show the Milky Way moving across the sky. While the intervalometer was snapping picture after picture for 40 minutes I was sitting in a chair out of frame drinking beer and listening to music. Good times!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I used to do long exposures that showed the stars as streaks across the sky. Also on the beach in Mexico showing the waves as a soft blur.

Fun stuff thanks for posting.
You're in a great area for star shots. On that trip I was south of Farmington at Ah-Shi-Sle-Pah the day of that photo. I had planned to camp there that night and get shots of the Milky Way in the Valley of Dreams but I was having trouble figuring out what was BLM land and what was Navajo, so I decided to be safe and drive back up to Utah, where I ended up doing this photo.

·
トヨタ Master
5,765 Posts
I used to do long exposures that showed the stars as streaks across the sky. Also on the beach in Mexico showing the waves as a soft blur.

Fun stuff thanks for posting.
I used to do long exposures while streaking as well....and then the cops showed up and the fun was over. :frown

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
63 Posts
A few from some of my trips last year. Apologies for the sideways photos. Not sure why they're orienting that way but I'm uploading from mobile and can't seem to change them. Big Basin redwoods near Santa Cruz.
Bonus of Scout wondering who had the bright idea to not allow dogs on the trails.

Attachments

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,490 Posts
A few from some of my trips last year. Apologies for the sideways photos. Not sure why they're orienting that way but I'm uploading from mobile and can't seem to change them. Big Basin redwoods near Santa Cruz.
Bonus of Scout wondering who had the bright idea to not allow dogs on the trails.
That’s a beautiful place, I had the pleasure of driving through and touring the area 13 years ago. That drive from San Jose through Big Basin down to Santa Cruz is one of my favorite drives I’ve ever taken.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Great looking dog. The look on its face and the no dogs sign is perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Photos in portrait orientation wider than 2048 pixels will be rotated to landscape and then downscaled to 2048 pixels width by the forum software.
If you want to prevent that, re-scale your portrait format photos to less than 2048 pixels in width before uploading.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts

No problem. I’ll just rotate my phone 90 degrees... Wait. What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
No problem. I’ll just rotate my phone 90 degrees... Wait. What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the spirit! Everyone just go ahead and rotate your phones, laptop, and computers 90 degrees and you're good to go!

I'll try the resizing. Or maybe just send the pictures to my computer to upload next time...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I thought that meant no Great Danes or horses with tiny ears. >:D
We assumed it was no horse dog hybrids. We were quickly informed we were incorrect. :roller:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
3 different trips. One to Florence OR, next to Birch Bay WA, and last Seaside OR. Needed the trailer with 2 boys, the trailer has bunk beds in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a couple from a trip to Prescott last year. Went there on a whim, and really didn't expect to care too much for Arizona. Absolutely loved it, and really can't wait to go back and spend more time exploring.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any more pics of that trailer/camper? Is it an overlanding off-road style pop-up?

2041 - 2060 of 2102 Posts