Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2128 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
OK, I spent a few minutes finding some of my camping pics . . . just because I want to be a contributor to this great thread. :)

The Maze, Canyonlands National Park, November 2010.

This pic is in the "Dollhouse". Dudes in the pic are Chris Davis and Dan Markovski, both from Denver. We were preparing breakfast for 8-9 people. We spent two nights here.

While at the Dollhouse we set up a Pett toilet in a spot that was quickly warmed in the morning. I mean, who wants goosebumps on their bum ? :lol: Dan is modelling . . . not actually using it. Notice that he is also reading "proper" material for an expedition-style trip . . . Overland Journal. PS - this particular copy has been
. :rofl:

The view from the Pett's location was spectacular.

The third night was spent at The Maze Overlook. This is where several guys setup and also where we had dinner.

If you turn around 180 degrees you will see this.

I set up for the night a little distance away, near the Nuts and Bolts. Here's my spot with corresponding view. :bigthumb:

Reactions: PureFJCruiser

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Here's Imperial AT-FJ and I camping in the Everglades this past February.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Here's a couple more from a Kokopelli Trail trip in May 2009.

This is my brother John's spot which was over a ledge about 20ft down from where the rest of us had set up tents. The location was the camping area near the bottom of Rose Garden Hill. He was lucky we knew he was down there otherwise he may have been rudely awoken in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean. :lol:

On the way home from that trip we zipped over and checked out Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park which is just east of Montrose, Colorado. They have a nice camping area and we snagged this spot. Had deer and other funny winged critters walking around the tent all night long.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
My walmart tent did pretty good in the snow!
:clap:

I've been using the same $50 Coleman tent from Wal-Mart(or Dick's Sporting Goods, can't remember) since 2008. It has a rain fly with total coverage, has never leaked or succumbed to strong winds and has always kept the critters at bay. I'm gonna try one of their "instant" tents sometime for faster setup.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Cruise Moab, end of April 2010, Area BFE south of Moab, Utah

The night before the event started we had hellish winds that were blowing sand into every crevice. The next morning, we were greeted with this.

The following morning we had some more snow but the sun started to shine and warmed us up much quicker.

The next week, I was signed up for Bill Burke's Hotel Rock to the Needles expedition.

Can't recall the exact location of the first night's campsite but it was a nice sandy area. Made for a good sleeping surface.

We spent two nights camping in a narrow slice of forest which separated a meadow from Dark Canyon. The pine needles also made a nice sleeping surface and the remaining snow allowed us to replenish the cooler's ice.

A hundred or so feet from the tent and I was greeted with this view of the Dark Canyon area.

We spent the last night in a great campsite in Beef Basin. That's 1911's green FJ40.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Some awesome pics here!

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
WTH ! Did I kill this thread with all of my pics ??? :lol:

Come on folks, bring IT !!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
WTH ! Did I kill this thread with all of my pics ??? :lol:

Come on folks, bring IT !!!
A pic of a friends Toy while camping at the edge of the Wedge(Little Grand Canyon) in the San Rafael Swell.

...in the LaSals above Moab...

...Wasatch Mountains, about 10 miles from home...

....looking out my tent on a typical morning in the SRS...

Did I bring it??? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Did I bring it??? :bigthumb:
Yes and well done.

Here's a couple more from the cell phone.

This is the furthest campsite at the KOA in Ouray, way back in the far corner and up the hill.

On the way home from FJS11 we stopped at the Colorado National Monument and stayed while passing through. Nice campsites but it was like 90 degrees at 10:30-11pm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Linville Falls, NC.

21 - 40 of 2128 Posts