21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'll sell my 4x4 springs for $40.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Save the $40. There are members that are giving away their 4X4 springs and shocks.

Or use the $40 towards a set of OME's. You'll be MUCH better off in the end....and $40 ahead.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm I leta to say lift!

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
If your thinking about it, you might as well lift it, because you will eventually. I just finished upgrading my level lift to a 3" lift. I don't really regret the level lift, because it wasn't that expensive, but in reality I should have lifted my FJ long ago and the level lift just postponed the inevitable.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
If your thinking about it, you might as well lift it, because you will eventually. I just finished upgrading my level lift to a 3" lift. I don't really regret the level lift, because it wasn't that expensive, but in reality I should have lifted my FJ long ago and the level lift just postponed the inevitable.
BINGO! Give this man a prize! I have the same opinion now that mine is lifted....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok, after the day I had today, all I gotta say is LIFT IT! Period. No messing around. Just get it up in the air and get 'er done.

Man, I HAMMERED my underpinnings today. the K member, the bling plate (that took a helluva hit and is bent to crap now....), all of it got hammered. No real damage other than the skid. But man was it fun!!
Got any pics of the damage??

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Ok, ya'll. I've had my FJ for 2 weeks now. Done a few mods and adding up a list of more. Now: should I level the FJ for everyday driving and looks; or save up a few more (thousand) pennies and lift it? I've searched the forum and came up with a few leads, but not answers. Mine is 2wd, most of the info I found was 4wd tech. I hate to sound like a newb, but I am! What to do?
The following is something that I seldom see mentioned when in discussions of "leveling." The rear is raised for a reason -- to accomodate the load. So, if you "level" it unloaded and then put a load in the rear, the rear will "sag." If you lift it, lift it the same height front and back. Three inches seems to be the best height, because it apparently does not cause any geometric suspension problems that require other adjustments to avoid premature front end wear but provides sufficient lift to make the FJ an even better off-road performer.

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
Wow. A picture is worth a thousand words. What a difference!! :bigthumb:

And, that's simply a stock 4x4 spring and shock set that you swapped in, Dave??
That's going from a stock 4X4 spring setup and OEM bling plate (top 2 pics) to a Demello front skid and OME medium springs in front. That gave me a good 6-8" of clearance in front.

I was SUPPOSED to get the ICON rear springs put in last Thursday. Jason didn't have any in his shop. ICON called Jason and asked if he had any rear springs, since they ran out too....so, the springs are on order for a bit (for those wanting rears). I'll have that Prerunner look for a while...:D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts