Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my leveling kit in the other day along with a little differential drop kit to take off some of the stress that the big spacers will bring with them. Its supposedly a 3" front and 2" rear kit but the rear spacer looks dang near 3 inches. Anyways, I've been pricing around all the local shops for an installation and they all seem to have one thing in common. Extremely high prices! They have given me estimates of around 500-600 dollars for an install. The kit was only 250 WITH a lifetime warranty. Now there is no way I am going to pay that much to have it put on and the only reason I am looking for a shop to put em on is because I don't have the garage/tools to do the job myself, otherwise I would be doing this on the weekend. Now my question is, do any of you know of a shop in the greater St. Louis area that would give me a lot better of a price than $500? Or if any of you can offer me some insight on putting it on myself, I've done ALL of the work on my FJ so far but this is by far going to be the most complicated installation I've done yet though so needless to say I'm pretty nervous about messing something up. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have a brand name but its near identical to the toytec spacer kit. And like you said its just putting some pucks on top of the struts but I'm just not brave enough to take them apart just yet. It came with instructions also but they confuse me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nah I havent finished it yet, figured I would just wait till the summer once I got back home from school. I'll shoot you an email though and I would be eternally grateful if we can get this beast put together. Thanks a ton.

EDIT: Just tried sending you an email but it said

"Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (jester_motorsport at yahoo.com)"

and yes I had an "@" where "at" was in the email address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts