Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So many views and no replies, come on folks :/

·
Registered
505 Posts
Part #
OME-883

Front lift / leveling coil springs

13th item down.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those the coil springs. Are they better then spacers?

·
Registered
458 Posts
hey after a day at the rock park I am ready for a lift also does the lift springs or spacers change the front end aligment Thanx
Hotsteel41

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Yes, the 883's are correct. Springs will always be better than spacers. Longer springs, when paired with the right strut/shock (883's will be fine with the stock strut) will give you more height and flex/travel. If your lift/leveling is for strictly cosmetic reasons, or you're on a tight budget, spacers will work. Spacers don't give you any more travel, so keep that in mind. Your ride will not be nearly as good offroad. You'll be higher off the ground, but you won't be able to move any better.

Anytime you do make any front suspension changes, an alignment is definitely recommended.

All of the aforementioned things I wouldn't have known a few months ago before I bought my FJ, so thank you to the wonderful forums!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was given the Redi-Lift front spacers ,took about 1 1/2 hrs ,and am really happy with the results.Have gone on alot of pretty hairy trails and not a prob. yet

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I also have the ready lift front spacers but and changing to a full lift in the near future. The biggest problem that I have is that when I load the back end up to go some where for the weekend it rides real low in the rear. Spacers are good and replacement springs are good if you just want the look. You need to decide what you are going to use your rig for and make the right decision for yourself. I am going with the toytec c/o setup in front and 2" springs and shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used the front spacers sold by Fat Bob's Garage. Basically the same as the Readylift. It really looks good on my FJ and helps offset the sagging front end caused by the winch and bumper. No, you don't get more suspension travel, but my front skid doesn't hit as often!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What ever you decide springs or spacer, consider getting the
Toytec Part #TP-14 (Top plate spacer $19.99 + $10 S/H)
Top plate spacer adds approximately 1/2" lift
Great for correction of drivers side ride height .

Might as well, everything will be out anyway.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I had the Day star 2.5 leveling kit on my Fj. It was a really good kit. Now I have the rough country 6 inch. Just leveling changes the look of the fj and since you are lifting the front, you are going to be able to see the traffic light when you are on a red light.

·
Registered
46 Posts
With the 2.5" daystar leveling kit, whats the biggest tires i can put on the rig? i would like 2 get some 33"s any ideas? 2.5 in front 1.5 in the back

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Might be my own perception but after I did my spacer lift (2in Extremetrucktoys) I noticed that the truck felt a tad firmer in the front and alot less brake dive. Now less dive may be just because the front is higher ....But it feels better that is for sure. I have no weight on the front of my truck so it sits perfectly level. I am quite happy with the look and feel. I am sure that the 883's would have to firm up the front end and I have read other posters say that the brake dive is cured with teh 883's. If you go the spring route be sure to get the toytec spacer to level the truck side to side. That half inch lower driverside sag is quite noticeable even in pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts