Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read and reread the multiple threads on here about the 5100s but I was just looking some specific details if you guys could help me out.

My goal is to level (or slight front rake) my FJ without lifting it so that my 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country A/T don't rub on my wheel well (already did the BMC). The setup I am considering is as follows:

Front: 5100 Adjustable (set on second notch probably)
Rear: TT Shocks, stock springs

I would also like to adress the driver's side lean while I am at it, so I would like to know what suggestions you have on that? I read about the trim packers and .25in spacers but I am having trouble finding them. For those of you who have already corrected the lean, was did your lean measure before and how much of a spacer did you use bc I read some people used .5 and other .25 in spacers.

Additional questions:
What is the part number for the TT shocks (couldn't find it specifically)
What is a fair price for this install?
Do I need any additional parts? Anything I am overlooking?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody has any advice for me?

I am really just looking for someone to confirm that I am on the right track and give some more insight on the driver side lean spacers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can't be much help, but I've searched for the part numbers and this is what I've found. I've not confirmed these by looking at the physical shocks, but I believe them to be accurate.

TT Package
front 48510-09S50
rear 48530-09P20

TRD Red/Blue
Front: PTR13-35060
Rear: PTR13-35061

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hi :cheers:
What year is your FJ? Is it really sagging in the front? Second notch is 0.85" lift i believe. You might wanna go a little higher? 3rd? 1.75? Just a thought.

Here`s your spacer: Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4") - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

It`s 1/4" thick, which will give you about 1/2" lift. Use it on driver side.

TT shocks are silver/blue same as these: HD Bilstein They are yellow and blue, but same specs pretty much.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...e/F4-BE5-E703-H0-Bilstein-5100-Racing-Offroad

Ask forum supporting vendors for those...Toytec use to have them, maybe still do

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't be much help, but I've searched for the part numbers and this is what I've found. I've not confirmed these by looking at the physical shocks, but I believe them to be accurate.

TT Package
front 48510-09S50
rear 48530-09P20

TRD Red/Blue
Front: PTR13-35060
Rear: PTR13-35061
Thanks ARK_SWAMP_RIDER, I will check with my dealer and see if these are right and how much they are in comparison to the HD Bilstein Ivan mentioned below.
Hi :cheers:
What year is your FJ? Is it really sagging in the front? Second notch is 0.85" lift i believe. You might wanna go a little higher? 3rd? 1.75? Just a thought.

Here`s your spacer: Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4") - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

It`s 1/4" thick, which will give you about 1/2" lift. Use it on driver side.

TT shocks are silver/blue same as these: HD Bilstein They are yellow and blue, but same specs pretty much.

Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Ask forum supporting vendors for those...Toytec use to have them, maybe still do
Thanks for the reply Ivan :bigthumb:, my FJ is an 07 and the sag is significant enough for it to rub when I am reversing less then smoothly. I think I want to go with the second notch even though there may still be a slight rake because in the summer I tow a 2-jetski trailer and carry stuff in the trunk and I dont want it to sag too much in the back. Do you think it will be far from level on the second notch or not provide enough lift clear the rub?

Thanks for the spacer link too, I can't believe I missed it on the Toytec site. Depending on the price I can get the TT shocks for I may go with the HD Bilsteins you mentioned. Just to clarify what I read on the link, they can go up to a 2inch lift, meaning they will work for stock springs as well? Or will they come with the same risk as the rear 5100s w/ stock springs of dismounting during heavy articulation?(not that I plan on doing much of that)

·
Registered
91 Posts
dealerdirectparts has the TT rears for $45 each, not sure on the fronts. I'm either going with those or the Bilstein HD's for the rear and 5100's up front on my 4runner (can't run 5100 rears, but the HD's are valved the same as the 5100's).

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ivan :bigthumb:, my FJ is an 07 and the sag is significant enough for it to rub when I am reversing less then smoothly. I think I want to go with the second notch even though there may still be a slight rake because in the summer I tow a 2-jetski trailer and carry stuff in the trunk and I dont want it to sag too much in the back. Do you think it will be far from level on the second notch or not provide enough lift clear the rub?

Thanks for the spacer link too, I can't believe I missed it on the Toytec site. Depending on the price I can get the TT shocks for I may go with the HD Bilsteins you mentioned. Just to clarify what I read on the link, they can go up to a 2inch lift, meaning they will work for stock springs as well? Or will they come with the same risk as the rear 5100s w/ stock springs of dismounting during heavy articulation?(not that I plan on doing much of that)
If you have BMC done already, tires shouldn`t rub even at stock height, you`ll be fine. You will be almost level, maybe a little lower on the front side, but it will be much better then where your truck is now.

Those are not 5100s, those Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks, i think that site has description wrong. They are regular height shocks, i have same ones in the rear right now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have BMC done already, tires shouldn`t rub even at stock height, you`ll be fine. You will be almost level, maybe a little lower on the front side, but it will be much better then where your truck is now.

Those are not 5100s, those Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks, i think that site has description wrong. They are regular height shocks, i have same ones in the rear right now.
They really only rub when I am on an angle, along the top of the wheel well. Last question before I place my orders, there should be no problem fitting 2011 TT rear shocks on my 2007 w/ stock springs, correct?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
They really only rub when I am on an angle, along the top of the wheel well. Last question before I place my orders, there should be no problem fitting 2011 TT rear shocks on my 2007 w/ stock springs, correct?
Nope, they should fit right in. All interchangeable. :cheers:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again Ivan, one more question lol, whats the difference between the TRD and the TT shocks, all I could find was that the TRD are for speed or something along those lines?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Thanks again Ivan, one more question lol, whats the difference between the TRD and the TT shocks, all I could find was that the TRD are for speed or something along those lines?
From what i read, specs are pretty much the same, TRD claims different valving.. but i don`t really believe in it lol. Let me put it this way... those Silver/Blue that you are getting are by a mile better then stock shocks. You`ll see. :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
So 2010/2011 shocks will swap right in the FJs? I know the 4runner guys (03-09's) can do a direct swap with the 07-09 FJ shocks, but the 2010's and newer require modifications to fit.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
don`t know much about 5th Gen 4Runners, maybe modifications required on ones that equipped with KDSS suspension. As far as FJ Cruiser goes, suspension is the same for 2007-2011, except sway bar design. That`s the only difference i know of.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is on the 4th Gen 4runners, both those with the basic suspension and the XREAS suspension. The 2010 coils are a direct swap onto our shocks (as are the 07-09), just the shocks from the 2010 is where we're having issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey zam244 are you coming with us on Easter weekend?
That depends, where you all going? I will still be in classes during easter so I am not sure I will be able to get away for too long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts