Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, that thing you think cant happen, because you rig is so visible. A woman is a Lexus ES300 slammed into me from behind while I was at a stop light. She never hit the brakes. She went under my frame just as the light changed and I had just started to move. I'm fine by my pride is not. Sheriffs said she was under the influence. I was able to drive away but barely. She bent everything except the frame (see pictures). She probably hit at 30 MPH, her air bags went off, and you can see how bent her car is. I hope they don't total my rig! I was way up in the air before she shot into the right lane.

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,420 Posts
Sorry to see that. I had a Sun Fusion so I couldn't have gotten much brighter and it was crazy how many people I had pull out in front of me or almost drive into me. It's like they couldn't see that bright yellow thing near them.

Reactions: PatriotFJ

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and glad that you’re doing well.
“Driving under the influence”, an avoidable phrase that has caused a lot havoc in our society 😔

·
Registered
354 Posts
Driving under the influence of text messages has made me squeeze my cheeks a lot lately. Can't imagine riding a motorcycle in 2020. Wishing your fj gets fixed and back on the road. Good luck!

·
Desert Moderator
7,121 Posts
Glad you are OK.
Make sure that they measure the FJ's frame and the main vehicle body properly.
Looks like the rear axle, control arms and suspension are history.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The fj saves another.
Unfortunately more and more people are drinking and getting high on whatever while driving.
Glad you made it out OK.

·
Desert Moderator
7,121 Posts
The fj saves another.
Unfortunately more and more people are drinking and getting high on whatever while driving.
Glad you made it out OK.
And staring at mobile phones while weaving all over the place. Distracted driving.

·
Premium Member
12,715 Posts
Glad you made out OK.

With that kind of damage i find it hard to believe there is no frame damage.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the thoughts guys! Yup, I'm a little sore this AM but I will get over it. The FJ saved me from serious harm. What a tank! I see people driving down the road getting blasted on weed with the haze so thick you can't see the inside of the car. Wonder why our insurance rates are so high?

Keep your fingers crossed that there was no ladder frame damage. What doesn't look too bad may actually be pretty bad. I'm fully covered but it's the time required to find and build another one that hurts. Other than the obvious plastic damage it looks like the biggest hit is to the rear LCA frame perch which is bent. It is frame damage but it could be straightened. Pictures show the frame and axle ends. The axle end is not bent.

Frame

Axle

Passenger side frame

Passenger side purge valve missing?

Rear LCA

Looks like the rear bumper pushed her under the FJ, into the exhaust, and then the right rear tire.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Well trying to be optimistic here maybe if your frame is not bent they can put new suspension on it and you`ll be ok. Those pictures of where your rear lower control arm connect look bad. If they consider hat area frame they will probly total it....Hope not.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
192 Posts
Light drizzle at night lady came around the corner I was going straight on a side street. She comes around the corner does not stay in the lane near her goes in my lane head on at me she was going about 15 miles an hour. I saw her coming. I came to a complete stop.
She was driving a Mercedes it went underneath my bumper but didn’t damage anything but the plastic covering on the bumper and lower grill. I thought maybe someone had a medical emergency. She got out of her car and said hey man why did you hit my car. She was so intoxicated she could barely stand. Long story short they took her to jail. Later found out she had a previous DUI. Good thing she wasn’t going down the road at 60 miles an hour. Sorry to hear about your accident hopefully it’s fixable.

<>< <>< <><. <*((^(((><

1 - 16 of 16 Posts