Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here is some info I found:

Brightness Bins

For XM-Ls the brightness bins range from S4 (which is the least efficient) to U3 which is the most efficient. The order is S4, S5, S6, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, U2, then U3. Most lights are a T6 bin unless otherwise specified.

In between bins there is an approximate 12% difference in brightness but depending on the efficiency of the LEDs it can be as little as 0% and as much as 26%. These are both extreme examples based on the fact that a bin can vary as much as 7% and there is a 12% average difference between different bins.

Part of the reason that there is a variation in efficiency is due to the amount of phosphor on top of the LED die. The purpose of the phosphor is to convert the blue light produced by the LED to a more white or yellow light. Naturally as the amount of phosphor increases less light passes through it. This is why a warm white LED is going to be a lower bin than a cool white.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll try and get some pics up. They really do flood the area. I'd love to get a pair that are more spot, but they don't have them.

Maybe later today I'll get some pics posted...but I'm still working on aiming...right now they just light up everything!

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Can a combo light pattern be ordered for LLL-24-1754? Are they sold in pairs? Also can they be added to the FJ light mounts as a option?

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Can a combo light pattern be ordered for LLL-24-1754? Are they sold in pairs? Also can they be added to the FJ light mounts as a option?
20 Degree Spot or 40 Degree Flood are the only options on that light.

Lifetime LED 3" Square 24watt They are sold each on this listing.

Yes they can be added to the light mounts. You can add them to the cart using the link above or if you prefer I can add them to the light mount product listing on our website.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

21 - 36 of 36 Posts