Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 FJ. Im looking to get a more agressive look. I go on wheeling occasionally nothing too extreme I am located on Oahu and drive in the sand also. I am planning on putting 35s on it and want to do a 6in lift. I was looking at the rough country spring lift for 1299$. I would like to do it for less expensive maybe under 1k$. I would be open to a 3in lift with 3 in spacers infront and back if it is possible. If its even recommended.
not gonna lie kinda newb but love workin on my rigs
have previously done 2 lifts on old rides 92 XJ and 03 xterra

thanks for the help links to products reccomended would be awesome

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I don't know much about the 6" lifts but running 35's can be a little more than just the lift. Things to think about are gearing, BMC, rim backspacing, and just wheel well clearance in general. When I installed 35's, my rig turned into a slug. I ended up selling the tires and going back to 33's.

Reactions: Vegas_Nick

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
My personal opinion is to save your money until you can get a good quality kit. Spacers are just not the way to go if you want the full use of the geometry that a lift will provide. I am not beating up anyone who uses a spacer lift, but after seeing two sets of shocks this year that folded like butter because the had a spacer lift, I'll never install or sell another spacer kit.

Look at the FOX shocks from All Pro, or even the Bilstein. Iron Man will have a setup out soon that will fit the bill near $1500 and will give you a thousand times better performance than the spacer lift.

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
3" suspension lift with 3" spacer no worky on front end of FJ. CV joint/shaft angle becomes a problem

Look up Pale Riders build thread for a explanation on a 6" lift installation and challenges.

35s give challenges also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts