Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im finally going to lift my fj but i have a few questions and some help would be appreciated!

Im looking at a 3 inch lift.

High country 4X4, Slee, or Performance wheel and tire?

How much should I expect to pay for installation? Should I buy the actual lift on line or from them, is there a big mark up?

I want to get a full suspension lift, but besides the actual price of it, how much more is it to get a full suspension vs. a spacer lift installed.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but have you considered doing it yourself?

I purchased the ToyTec Ultimate directly from ToyTec (they're in Northglenn) and then installed everything in my garage. I'd never attempted a lift install before and other than shadetree mechanic stuff, I have no true mechanical experience.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that and it sure would save a lot of money and be a good project but I only have basic tools such as wrenches, nothing fancy. Also, I figure since you're dealing with the suspension its not something you want to screw up.

Thanks for the advice and its good to know it can be done relatively easy, ill just read through one of the install threads to see if i can handle it. I've never dealt with anything more than changing a tire :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts