Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 3" toytec lift installed today...it looks great!...one problem: every time i go over a speed bump there is a clunck noise in the back...anyone else have this problem or know the solution???

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have bilstein shocks, the trd ones...i have the TRD fj cruiser

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh man...that stinksss...what should i do?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Did you order the lift through Toytec? If so id call and confirm if you need the extended shocks. Im guessing that is the prob. However, im not familiar with the Bilistein shocks on the TRD. I would imagine that they don't extend any further then the stock shocks. They probably just have a better compression factor. So, thats probably what your prob is but no guarantees.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright...ill call them tomorow...new shocks are definetly not in the budget right now...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well, in this thread the guy who has the TRD said he got the extended bilistein shocks. So id say that is your problem. It's not something that is going to mess your vehicle up though. U just don't get really good extension so the shock bottoms out. So, if your not going to be offroading much and can live with the clunking for a while i'd just wait for the funds to show up. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-tech/22759-my-toytec-lift-4.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts