Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community,
I have a 2.5" front spacer kit installed that levels the truck. Now that i am wanting to lift the truck, my question is do i continue using the spacers to keep the truck level? I want to do a 3" OME kit but want a true 3" from where my truck rides now. I dont want to start back at square one only giving my truck a 1/2" lift for my front and 3" lift for my rear.

Thanks for all of your help fellas..

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Hello community,
I have a 2.5" front spacer kit installed that levels the truck. Now that i am wanting to lift the truck, my question is do i continue using the spacers to keep the truck level? I want to do a 3" OME kit but want a true 3" from where my truck rides now. I dont want to start back at square one only giving my truck a 1/2" lift for my front and 3" lift for my rear.

Thanks for all of your help fellas..
You can't add another 3" of lift to the front (for a total of 5.5") without going to a 6" lift kit. The IFS component's can't handle it. Most lift you can safely do up front is 3.5" (maybe) and with that you'd definitely want a diff drop kit.

Most lift kits do 3" front/2" rear, so the vehicle is still level. You could get the front up to 3.5" and do the rear at 2.5" to keep it level or 3" to give it a slight forward rake.

I think with OME 884 and 885 coils you need a 1" spacer up front to get a true 3" lift. Not sure if anyone has done 3.5" with the OME.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts