Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to do a 3" Lift on my 2011. Trying to get a decent kit, with a great price but I'm not sure where to go. I'm looking to get the following, or something comparable...
1. 6112 Front (prefer assembled or a coilover)
2. SPC UCAs
3. Diff Drop
4. Sway relocate
5. 5160 Rear
6. Rear Spring to level
7. 1/4" spacer to level side to side

I off road maybe 10% of the time at most for work (hwy/runway construction) so I want to have maintain a nice ride on pavement. Factory bumpers front and rear. Live in Houston so I like to be flood ready. Not looking to go high end, but don't want to cheap out and definitely want it to be a one and done setup. More than anything I don't want to overpay.

Thanks in advance for the input!

·
Premium Member
12,211 Posts
The guys at Down South Motorsports have been very helpful to me over the years, give them a ring.

·
Registered
278 Posts
OmegaRoach,

Bilsteins 6112's are a decent choice and I believe will meet your requirements. I'm currently running them and prefer them over my previous Icons. The 6112's however will not provide an exact 3 inches of lift. With the spring perch set on the top notch, you can expect 2.5 inches of lift, possibly a hair more at 2.6, but not 3 inches. With the Bilsteins set at max height, you will need 1 inch of lift in the rear to level the vehicle.

Eibach, part number E30-82-073-01-02, are the only rear springs I know of designed and advertised to provide 1 inch of lift. All other brands I've investigated advertise 1.5 or more. You can always add rear spacers but installing the correct springs without the use of spacers is the better choice.

If keeping your FJ perfectly level is a concern, plan on needing 1 inch of height gain in the rear when using the 6112's up front.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guys at Down South Motorsports have been very helpful to me over the years, give them a ring.
I need to get a good idea of what competitive pricing looks like prior to calling. But once I do, I'll make sure to touch base your guys!

OmegaRoach,

Bilsteins 6112's are a decent choice and I believe will meet your requirements. I'm currently running them and prefer them over my previous Icons. The 6112's however will not provide an exact 3 inches of lift. With the spring perch set on the top notch, you can expect 2.5 inches of lift, possibly a hair more at 2.6, but not 3 inches. With the Bilsteins set at max height, you will need 1 inch of lift in the rear to level the vehicle.

Eibach, part number E30-82-073-01-02, are the only rear springs I know of designed and advertised to provide 1 inch of lift. All other brands I've investigated advertise 1.5 or more. You can always add rear spacers but installing the correct springs without the use of spacers is the better choice.

If keeping your FJ perfectly level is a concern, plan on needing 1 inch of height gain in the rear when using the 6112's up front.
Perfectly level isn't a huge concern, but I'm also not married to the 6112. Just something along that quality. The key thing with the lift is being able to run 33s, gain a bit more clearance, and look good in the end.

Have you looked at OME?
I haven't looked at OME much at all. Suggestions along that route? I've looked at Toytec as many have suggested them, I just don't know who has the competitive pricing for literally any of these suggestions.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My biggest request is who has the best pricing on kits. I've gone through the comparison thread, but it doesn't give a current pricing comparison from different dealers to pinpoint the best price. It does give a range of manufacture pricing, but I wanted to see who is offering deals/sales/etc on kits.

An example is the apc uca that is sold by rock auto for 200 less than most other places (when in stock).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts