Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a top of info in this thread, but I thought I might be able to get a little clarity from the experts.

I have a stock FJ and am looking to add a slight lift. The FJ is an everyday driver, so I need to maintain a somewhat comfortable ride on the road.

What lift kits should I look at? RevTek? ToyTec? Or, should I just go with a leveling kit?

Again, everyday driving, but I do quite a bit of outdoor activity and some wheeling. I don't need a true rock crawler, just a bit more aggressive but still comfortable for the road. And, of course, the lift just looks good..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Toytec for sure.

OME-883 to level and get rid of brake dive.
FJ3-FRC for a lift with good ride. Go with med. springs if you intend to add a winch. The heavies will bee too firm if you don't add a ton of weight.

FJ3-FCR

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The Icons work well both on and off road, they give incredible handling as well as keeping a good comfortable ride on road.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Really depends on your true intentions for the truck. Whether you are going for the look or more off road capability...Whether you are looking to increase tire size or add weight the front end (aftermarket bumper or winch....or both)

In this forum the clear winner for an initial lift is usually the Old Man Emu 883 replacement spring for the front coilovers.(the part numbers for OME springs run sequentially with each increase in spring capacity..883 being the lightest) Relatively inexpensive to buy and many "driveway mechanics" have installed them pretty much by simply following the instructions. The biggest issue seems to be breaking the springs down. YOU WILL NEED A SPRING COMPRESSER...

The other option for a simple lift is the spacer. I am not a big off roader anymore but I hated the stance of the truck. The rake of the front end eventually made me a bit nutty so I opted for a leveling lift spacer kit from Extremetrucktoys(solid CNC cut aluminum). It is pretty straight forward in design and application. Does exactly what it says it will do. It brought the nose of my truck up enough that it's noticeable .... Especially if my truck is near a stocker.

It really is up to you. Most here will agree when I say you need to get familiar with the search function on this site. There is a plethora of threads on this exact subject and you will read all the pro's and con's of every lift that is available to you.

So get comfortable.... And you might want to get a coffee too.....Don't worry we will all be here when you get back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts