Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2010 FJ Cruiser with the Trail Team and TRD packages, so currently I’m running with stock bilstein shocks, I was looking into getting a lift kit but was not sure what would be good to replace my already really nice bilstein shocks with, without seriously breaking the bank I guess. I have heard good things about old man emu and it’s pretty cheap for a good lift, just wasn’t sure if I would be “downgrading” in the suspension area trading out my bilstein shocks for something like old man emu. I don’t do any like serious serious crazy off roading so I’m just wondering what some people have out there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a OME 3" lift with medium coils all around on my 2010 TTSE.

I consider this suspension a huge upgrade over the original ........... and I do use my truck off road. :)

Reactions: WiscoFJCruiser

·
Registered
244 Posts
Look for TTUE suspension that was on sale a while back. It has the 62mm front 6112 and remote reservoir 5160 for rear. The only issue with that is the front comes with factory preset notches that can't be adjusted further but they do eliminate the famous FJ lean, their performance is brilliant. Otherwise the 50mm 5100 with King's spring is a very good budget option that performs quite well, if you intent to go over the third notch, consider an aftermarket UCA the likes of Dobinson or Ironman forged.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t
Look for TTUE suspension that was on sale a while back. It has the 62mm front 6112 and remote reservoir 5160 for rear. The only issue with that is the front comes with factory preset notches that can't be adjusted further but they do eliminate the famous FJ lean, their performance is brilliant. Otherwise the 50mm 5100 with King's spring is a very good budget option that performs quite well, if you intent to go over the third notch, consider an aftermarket UCA the likes of Dobinson or Ironman forged.
I haven’t heard the best things about the TTUE suspension but I cannot seem to find the 50mm bilstein 5100’s with king shocks. That sounds like a good set up

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven’t

I haven’t heard the best things about the TTUE suspension but I cannot seem to find the 50mm bilstein 5100’s with king shocks. That sounds like a good set up
That was one bad batch of springs driven in high corrosion areas and the spring is the same Eibach used in 6112 and easily available, its value cant be beat and its running fine on many TTUE around as well as those who have had it installed on their FJ Cruisers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was one bad batch of springs driven in high corrosion areas and the spring is the same Eibach used in 6112 and easily available, its value cant be beat and its running fine on many TTUE around as well as those who have had it installed on their FJ Cruisers.
Do you have a link?? Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've never used the Toytec suspension so I couldn't give you an honest answer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with Icon stage one and their upper control arms for my 2010. I’ve been happy with them. Just had the front shocks rebuilt after a lot of years and off-road miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts