Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the page and to the vehicle as far as owning one. Debating on a level kit or lift what would y’all recommend and brand?? Something good but won’t break the back thank you guys love to hear everyone’s opinion!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
If you have the off-road suspension, you can just get heavier coils for the front to level it. I ran that with 275/70r17 tires for a couple years. Moved on to toytec boss kit with spc uca. don't recommend spacers, unless you aren't going to be wheeling it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've owned our '08 for 2 years now, put an Old Man Emu kit (885 front springs, 895 rear with their Nitrocharger shocks/struts), SPC upper control arms (for more than minimum caster and safe highway driving- my 2 boys drive the FJ as well and safety is a big concern) and 285/70-17 BFG AT TA's in it last August. We've tried to get out in it once a week (we do get out 2-3 times a month) since I bought it and am more than happy with the transformation. This is my 3rd 4wheel drive (first was a new '86 Toyota 4x4 pickup, then in 1998 when first kid came along bought a '94 4Runner) but with the shorter wheelbase, mods, factory ATRAC and rear e-locker the FJ is definitely the most fun! While not extravagant or fancy, the OME kit is quality equipment and great value for the price. There are, of course, similar kits from other manufacturers out there, but this is what I know.

PS- some of our adventures- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMIspHkYseZjgFvz96HkoJg My oldest (Scott) is the budding filmmaker. I you subscribe he'll be thrilled! Al

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty darn happy with my Dobinsons IMS kit and Apache Off-road UCAs. Drives great on the road and so far low maintenance. Like ALB's OME, the Aussies make stuff to be durable and functional. They been doing it a long time with Toyotas and test them in the outback.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a 2011 4Runner and the wife's 07 FJ. Before I met my wife I had the dealership install Billstein 5100s up front on the 3rd notch for about 1 3/4" lift to level it. A couple months ago my stepson and I put the 5100s on the FJ with the same 1 3/4" in the front and added 1" coils to the rear. Waaaaaay better than the 4Runner. So, my point is, screw the leveling and just lift it. Once I'm done with the FJ I'll be adding lift coils to the rear of the 4Runner.

OME, Dobbinsons, Ironman4x4, Billstein, Toytec, King, Fox, Icon (if you're rich) all make great products.
Stay away from procomp, rancho, skyjacker and any spacer kits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what mine looks like with 20's and a lift kit on it. Don't
64279392839__C3BBFCAB-F9FD-4FF5-B859-4DA2936D2B3E.jpg
know the maker of the kit, sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts