Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be purchasing a 2008 FJ in about 2 weeks and I'm also going to do all my mods within the first couple weeks after purchasing the vehicle. I'm in the process of placing my orders for my after market parts now. I'm contemplating over going with a 3" lift or 6" lift. I really like the stance of the 6" kit, but will I be required to go with different wheels?

I just lost my Tacoma to the frame rust issue. On my Tacoma I had the SAW's and 2 1/2" lift and didn't care for the loss in wheel down travel. I'd rather go with a drop bracket lift for the FJ if it means being able to retain close to stock wheel travel. I'd also only go up to a 33 or 34 inch tall tire and the body mount chop is something I'd planning on doing regardless of whichever lift I go with. If going with the 6" lift means changing wheels with a different back spacing, are there steel wheels on the market that work with the 6" lift? I've driven 4x4's for the past 25 years and I'm very use to tall vehicles and how they handle.....

Thanks for any advise.....

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
You can look at two separate forums here to help answer your questions about tires, rims and lifts/suspension. There is a forum that only deals with tires/rims and another forum that deals specifically with suspensions.

There are "stickies" within both of these forums that show different tires and rims as well as different suspensions. The stickies are at the top of each forum and are shaded in light blue. If you have more specific questions than what those stickies answer, then post back up and I will point you to some of our resident "gurus" that can help you along.

BTW Welcome!!!

Kim

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ahhhh....The age old "what wheels fit" question........I see blurry eyes and lots of coffee in your future young Grasshopper.....Oh oh my age is showing again isn't it?

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
Welcome!! you come to the right place to find info on the FJ..a lot of gurus here and they have tried out or invented a lot for the FJ..good luck post up picks when you have it modded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts