Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me why lift kits are more lift for the front than the back? I'm seeing kits that are 3" for the front and just 1.25" for the rear. Wouldn't this cause a messed up stance?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Because the rig comes like that....look @ it...its' not level right now, the front is lower than the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
The kits "Level" the rig.

You will need to figure out what kind of weight issues you will be dealing with as well:

• After market front bumper?

• After market rear bumper?

• Winch?

• Aux Fuel tank?

etc...

·
Registered
125 Posts
the reason for the back being higher than the front is for towing or hauling purposes. when you throw a lot of weight in the back, it will drop to a level stance.

there are lifts out there that keep the "stock" stance.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Check out any of the venders on this site. In the forum section scroll down & you'll get to the vendors. I have a Toytec 3" & FJ is level. But I think all are good.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The OME 3 inch lift is 3 in front and 2 in back to bring it to level. This is what I'm running with and seems to be fine.

I did see a FJ running around town a couple of days and it appeared he only put the front lift on as the front was much higher than the rear. It looked very very odd to say the least. :rocker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts