Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lifted mine, but have not had a chance to play with it yet,for those with lifts what are the down sides of a lifted FJ and if given the chance would you lift it again?

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't regret installing the lift,I like the look of the FJ with the lift.I was just curious if those who have had the lift for a while noticed any downside to it.I installed the revtek because it was not to costly and I figured if it was good enough for the toyota trail team FJ's it was probably good enough for what I do.Those with a lift and 33"s did you lose more than 2-3mpg in fuel economy?Also does a small lift hurt the resale value,I know most plan on keeping there fJ's, but I was just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
don is garbage get allpro fox much better

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I 2nd that... good advice...

A much nicer ride (OME 3" "heavies"), better on-road manners, great off-road, looks better, and no regrets whatsoever. Yes, I'd do it again.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I don't regret installing the lift,I like the look of the FJ with the lift.I was just curious if those who have had the lift for a while noticed any downside to it.I installed the revtek because it was not to costly and I figured if it was good enough for the toyota trail team FJ's it was probably good enough for what I do.Those with a lift and 33"s did you lose more than 2-3mpg in fuel economy?Also does a small lift hurt the resale value,I know most plan on keeping there fJ's, but I was just curious.

Thanks
The tire question is different... A lot of you MPG depends on the tire. I have a very heavy tire the Toyo Open Country M/T 295x70x17. I needed the 10 ply for where i'm taking my rig (the Arctic Circle... Twice) but i pay for that extra sidewall protection i'm down at the 16ish mpg all around... prior I was seeing 19+ all around. there are many other larger tires that don't add as much weight and if you do mostly highway driving could even benefit the mpg... I did keep the stock tires and had them put on some used Steel Snow Tire Rims so I can always through them back on for normal driving.. But big tires do make these rigs look great.

there are truck loads of info on various tires in the Wheels and Tires section of the forum. I have a spread sheet which will calculate the change in gearing based on tire size. I can't remember who to give credit too on the spread sheet but it is a good set of data points. PM me if you want a copy of the spread sheet... i'm sure it is also floating around on this forum from the original creator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts