Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Just loosen the little set screw with a hex key and then use the spanner wrench to tighten the top collar down. Clockwise to tighten and counter clockwise to loosen. Don't forget to retighten the set screw when you're done.
Thanks Toledo :)

Do I have to do any measurments prior to adjusting the coils? As far as I remember, 4 complete spins clockwise equals 0.5". For 285/75/16 2.5" is enough?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My son recently joined the Air Force and got his permanent duty station in Colorado Springs. He had an 08 2Wd Maroon FJ with 265/70/16s, no lift.
I had the silver 08 4wd, 285/70/17 with a Toyotec 3" lift, backup camera, Cazzio leather seat covers, Sprint Booster, Baja Rack etc........

Guess what proud dads do....? Yep, he drove off in my 4wd (from GA) to CO with my 95k mile FJ and I am here with his 210k 2WD. Small price to pay, HOWEVER, I want to fix my
new project up to be a daily driver with a better look. 80% pavement and I already ordered the seat covers, Sprint Booster, Rock sliders and original FJ mats. I am really, really want to
set it up like my ( insert sad face emoticon here) however I bought it lifted. I believe it had the Toyotec lift kit on it. I really want a stock, or better ride and want the 285s back on
my rig. I am not mechanical (enough to get myself in trouble) I certainly was able to bolt on the rock slider/running boards without losing a finger. I have read that the OME is the way to go
for a reasonably priced 3" lift with a solid ride. Is there a complete kit for this I can purchase and take to my local shop and have them install without me forgetting parts that are crucial?

Leaning toward the Nitto Tera Grapplers or Cooper AT3s to finish it out.

Thoughts? Opinions please

21 - 22 of 22 Posts