Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a 3" lift on my FJ, is there anything else I will need to get this Lift done?

I see some people talking about break line extension, and such.

As you can see, I'm not a mechanic by any means and used to driving cars and doing mods, this is my first 4x4 to get mods.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
Which lift did you go with?

I have the OME/ToyTec 3" on my FJ. I don't have brake line extensions. The shocks are stock length so should keep from stretching the lines in the rear anyway. But I do have a small spacer in front, this could allow a little extra drop in front.

With the lift in try jacking till the tires are off the ground, be sure to support the frame with jack stands. Then slide under and see how tight the lines are.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am also doing a 3" lift, I am going with Fab-Tech. All you are basically doing with a 3" lift is maxing out the stock suspension travel. We installed the 3" lift on a 4 runner (same basic suspension as the FJ) & no problems, it does stiffen up the ride a little, but not much. When you go to a 4-6" suspension lift, then you do brake lines, & get into things like lengthening drive lines & more. I went through that with my old FJ-40, this rig is gonna stay a little closer to the ground, & a little less insane on the wallet.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
I have the 3" OME lift!!! It is awesome! Get your alignment done soon. I had mine done within a few weeks. I am now looking at new shoes as the lift on stock tires kindof looks weak so I am going with the stock 17" rims and 285s. I will post pics when I pick new tires.

Glad to have you on board!!!

Kim

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i also did OME from ToyTec.....did not require any other parts...they include high quality billet spacer for front setup coil overs to level out truck....and i also used stock shocks front and rear for now....so i got the lift and gave up a little wheel travel....but i dont do a lot of rock crawling so thought it a good trade off....and price was very nice too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got my rubber and shoes will come with the lift and bumpers. I will be doing g a 3" lift and just want to ensure that I have all my bases covered before I show up to get it done. Don't need any unexpected surprises!!

Any opinions on FabTech, Pro Comp, or Skyjacker ??

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
A quick follow up here... air tools made the insall easier. I did mine solo, an extra person would have been nice. Be sure to torque the fasteners per specs. Don't have a service manual with the info? Ask on the forum, or PM me. Also I used blue Loctite on things. I've had it on several trails and nothing has loosened.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im going with the 3" ToyTec. Have a question though about getting the OME front and rear shocks. What is the trade off if I stick with the stock front and rear shocks opposed to going with the OME?

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
I have the OME shocks too. I think the ride is much better than with the stock shocks. Ya part of it is slightly stiffer springs, but less roll in corners and just a smoother ride on the streets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts