Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an OEM plug for there roof from a wrecked FJ they want to sell????? I just need the female and the male end of this connection that mounts in the roof itself with a foot or so of wire and I need at lest 3 or more if you have them!!! I hooking up extra lighting for the to my truck for my fire Dept and this will make it a hell of a lot easier to get done!! Thanks!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,850 Posts
What kind of lights are you mounting on the roof? The only OE roof lights I know of are the two round ones that sit inside an air dam, and I’m not sure how those were wired....I’m sure someone here knows. Many of us have added all kinds of light up there and have learned - the hard way - that drilling holes in the roof often leads to water leaks...ask me how I know :mecry: So for my second set of lights I used hollow bolts in the feet of the roof rack to pass the wires through. You can buy them on eBay (I’ll dig up the reference if you like). If you already have a hole in the roof just make sure to seal it up like crazy and keep an eye on it :wink As for the plugs, any weathertight connectors will work. Lots of them available on eBay as well. I don’t have any extras at the moment but others here likely do. GL with your project!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am putting up a couple of light bars as well as emergency lights and was going to use the stock plugs to hook up all the lights and make it simple to remove them if need be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts