Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the tail light assembly on your Toyota FJ Cruiser have become damaged, weather-worn, or simply dull to look at, it is a high time to get the repair done and replace the item.

Spyder manufacturer continues to amaze us with high quality tail lights by adding color and unique style to them. Now the lucky owners of 2007-2014 FJ Cruiser can enjoy all the advantages and new qualities of brand new tail lights with stylish built-in LED bars made by Spyder.

The tail lights are available in three colors. Which set is more preferable for you?

Spyder® 111-TFJ07-LBLED-BK - Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007-2014 Black Light Bar Style LED Tail Lights
http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-taillights/spyder-led-tail-lights-27967059.html

Spyder® 111-TFJ07-LBLED-C - Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007-2014 Chrome Light Bar Style LED Tail Lights
http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-taillights/spyder-led-tail-lights-27967060.html

Spyder® 111-TFJ07-LBLED-SM - Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007-2014 Smoke Light Bar Style LED Tail Lights
http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-taillights/spyder-led-tail-lights-27967061.html

If you are curious about how well these tail lights perform and want to see them in action, please check out this video:

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
a pic (even photoshopped) of these on an FJ would be nice. i do like the smoked version but this isn't really a mod i would do unless i smashed one out on a trail.

·
Vendor
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This tail light model was freshly released, and unfortunately the manufacturer did not provide any pictures of how does it look on the FJ yet. We will post it here on the forum as soon as we get them!
The video is cool though, it clearly shows how sharp does it look at night.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Any pics or videos of these on an FJ yet?

·
Vendor
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've already sold a couple of dozens of these, however still haven't received pictures from our customers yet. You can be the first from the forum to buy these lights. I am pretty sure our sales guy will be able to get some discount for you. You can contact our sales dept by phone at 1-800-505-3274 and our guys will provide you with a quote!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Did anyone ever do this? I'll be your huckleberry for a set if not!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
These are really nice indeed! Did you check the video above? If you are interested and if it would be possible for you to take a few pictures of these lights we could provide you with some discount! Please PM me your email if you're interested!
First, Michael, thank you for knocking off a few bucks on these. Sorry it took me so long to take the pictures!

I purchased these from @carid last month: Spyder® ALT-YD-TFJ07-LBLED-BK (5079442) - Black Light Bar Style LED Tail Lights

I picked this color because I thought it looked best with my FJ being silver. They use the stock halogen amber turn signal and reverse lights - the rest plugs in for the LED's. A PITA to install since there's not a lot of room to work to get the housings in and out, but worth it. I thought this would be a fun and unique mod.

I had a guy yesterday crane his neck around driving by me in his Ford F150 looking for the name of my FJ Cruiser somewhere on my rig (I removed all badges except the plasti-dipped Toyota symbol in the pics). He rolled his window down and said, "Can't tell by the tail lights - what the hell is that?" "FJ Cruiser" I said. "Wow. Nice." then sped off.

:lol:

PS - sorry for the dirty FJ. Just got back from camping

Dan
FJPDX

Attachments

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Do you have a side lighted photo?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Do you have a side lighted photo?
Sorry it took me so long to get this uploaded. Here you go. There's one red LED that is pretty bright! I'm standing about 5 feet away. Hard to get a pic of it straight on without a weird "lens flare."

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's been about a year and a half since the last post.

Anyone care to update whether they've installed these, and if so, how are they holding up?

I know someone expressed concern earlier about melting plugs?

Any instances of that happening? Other issues?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts