Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow FJ owners...just got my 2011 FJ and I went to use my roof lights and my bumper mounted aux lights and only the roof ones work. I tried all combination of lights, turned off the main lights, etc...but in the end, the LED that lights up on the switch doesn't light up as if no power is getting to them. I popped the fuse cover to check, double checked the connectors and it all seems ok. Ideas?:thinkerg:

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Maybe the lights have a power source other than a constant 12v, such as the brights.

Did you try turning the brights on and trying.
Worth a shot.
Can you tell where the wires run to for the switch?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the lights have a power source other than a constant 12v, such as the brights.

Worth a shot.
Can you tell where the wires run to for the switch?
well, I feel like an idiot. That was exactly it. Thanks! :cheers:

Now, how do I make it so I don't have my brights on to make them work?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
well, i feel like an idiot. That was exactly it. Thanks! :cheers:

Now, how do i make it so i don't have my brights on to make them work?
no problemo!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

x2

This is how the factory lights are wired.

This is a good idea IMO. Just about the only time you should run the lights on the front bumper is when you'd also wanna run the high beams. No matter how much you angle down the lights on the bumper they would still be blinding to oncoming drivers due to the beam pattern.

·
Registered
341 Posts
x2

This is how the factory lights are wired.

This is a good idea IMO. Just about the only time you should run the lights on the front bumper is when you'd also wanna run the high beams. No matter how much you angle down the lights on the bumper they would still be blinding to oncoming drivers due to the beam pattern.
definitely, I have my roof rack lights rigged to my brights. My others ones I have on switches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts