Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, got auxiliary driving lights few days go.
Drop off car and lights at dealer shop.
Got her back this late afternoon.

But the light will only work in high beam?:confused:
Call them back and they said they did exactly what instructions say.

Is it possible to switch to low beam?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If its the toyota factory switch then thats how its supposed to be set up.
Ive got the factory auxiliary light switch that will only turn on when the highs do.
Not sure how, but im almost positive it can be wired to turn on whenever you want it to. You just might have to dig through the forum a bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its the toyota factory switch then thats how its supposed to be set up.
Ive got the factory auxiliary light switch that will only turn on when the highs do.
Not sure how, but im almost positive it can be wired to turn on whenever you want it to. You just might have to dig through the forum a bit.
Yes, its factory switch from Toyota of Dallas.
I did found a somewhat DIY on it but nothing mention about wiring to whenever you want it to be on :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Yes, the Toyota OEM setup is that the driving lights only work with the high beams on. (Oddly, the stock roof lights were not wired the same way--wish they were.)

I find it handy driving here. I usually just leave them in the "on" position so they automatically come on with the high beams. When I see a car a curve or two ahead, I can turn off both at once. Works great in a rural place like here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the Toyota OEM setup is that the driving lights only work with the high beams on. (Oddly, the stock roof lights were not wired the same way--wish they were.)

I find it handy driving here. I usually just leave them in the "on" position so they automatically come on with the high beams. When I see a car a curve or two ahead, I can turn off both at once. Works great in a rural place like here.
Wow! Thats weird, too weird for me :lol:
So far I'm doing the same thing you're doing by leaving them on so when the high beam were hit, you know what happen. :lol:

Looks like I'm going after the roof lights than since camping will be around the corner.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
be careful when switching.. here in VA they check them... I thought it was weird when I first got mine.. but asked at the dealership when I got my first inspection and I was told that they have to be that way. Not 100% sure that is true.. just what they said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts