Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metal Tech 4x4 is running a great group buy deal on the UCA's. $375 if you buy a lift from them or $400 if they get (5) or more. Worth checking out. I'm in for that price. :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at it again....That's for ONE! lol It say's to add $251 or something for the pair. hahahaha Looked to good to be true.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Just put my name on the list!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Fooled me - but that's not all that hard too do. :lol:

-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those bastards! hahaha I bet that gets a lot of people. Who the hell buys one side? c'mon!
Hahahaha....That was pretty funny. I was like damn, they beat everyone! It's cool though, still can't beat the price by Metaltech.

TiFJ, I responded to you on the group buy thread. Hopefully we can get this going. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Placed my order on MT's website, hopefully 4 others will do the same!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Placed my order on MT's website, hopefully 4 others will do the same!
Placed mine as well, so that should make (3) more.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Checked with Metal Tech. Price is for a pair of UCA's
Only way we would sell them. SPC who makes them does list and offer them al-cart left and right, in addition to the set. That would only be helpful if you were replacing one from a collision. (why they offer them that way)

Let us know if you have any questions on them.

Mark

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was going to order Camburgs Ball Joint type. Are the light Racing just as good? Will they align a 3" lift?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I was going to order Camburgs Ball Joint type. Are the light Racing just as good? Will they align a 3" lift?

Yes the align a 3" lift.

Can't say much about Camburg as we do not carry/support their products. We are a Total Chaos dealer. The two companies are direct competitors of each other. We picked TC #1 for quality #2 originality of their products. TC leads others tend to follow.

They Light Racing and TC both achieve the same two primary goals:

A. Add back in caster for alignment to be with in OE spec.

B. Allow for more movement of the upper ball joint. Yes this allows a bit more travel but mainly means they are not maxed out for range of motion like the stock UCA’s, thus not having exacerbated ware with a lift on thetruck.

Aside from that they go about these two goals differently.

Light Racing: Are built a lot like the OE system. Rubber bonded steel lined bushings at the frame mounts and a ball joint (yes a kick ass high motion unit) for the outer pivot at the knuckle, both like the OEM Toyota arm. The make up of the arms them selves are cast steel parts mixed with a bent bar support. Finish is a black paint. Designed in the US but made in China. Bottom line over all quality unit that does the job and holds up at a value price.

Total Chaos: These are built just like the race parts they build, in fact they are exactly like the race parts they build. They use the same race standard US made 1” replaceable, braded Kevlar lined uni-ball for the outer pivot at the knuckle and custom TC proprietary US made polyurethane bushings with DOM steel liners with integrated grease zirk/lube system at the frame mounts. These are built from CNC machined chrome-molly steel and chrome-molly DOM tubing. Finish is silver powder coat w/ clear powder coat over it. Designed and built in the US. (Note TC also does their own fab work – these are built in house vrs. other brands bid out and made by the lowest bidder) Bottom line easily the #1 uni-ball UCA available based on quality, performance and price.

NOTE: 1" uni-ball's vrs. 1.25" uni-balls Uni-balls do not fail due to their size, #1 reason they fail is ware due to a poor quality (aka cheeper) uni-ball being used. uni-balls are bearings and just like bearings they are available in several grades. And the old adage does apply you get what you pay for. The industry standard for racing is 1" for a reason.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks

So are they $400? If so let me know when and where to order for that price.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks

So are they $400? If so let me know when and where to order for that price.

We have the group buy going on over in the group buy area that ENDS on Jan 3rd! More info on them over there. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/group-buys/120022-light-racing-uca-s-group-buy-metal-tech-4x4.html

But the cliff notes are:

Order on line and use discount code: LRBLUE

https://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-209-fj-cruiser03-4runner-light-racing-uca.aspx

If you also order any coil over suspension (ICON or Sway-a-way) at the same time you get the UCA's for $375 AND free shipping on the Coil overs and the UCA's. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts