Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find the perfect sand and street tire that will be the lowest inpact on my FJ drivetrain.
on my last money pit was a full size bronco which ran 37"s i originally ran Mickey thompson Baja Belteds ,a great tire in sand and especially in snow and ice (we used to race on frozen lakes). then, in a braindead moment of stupidity, i swithced to interco thornbirds. the thornbirds sucked, were very noisy, and weighed at least twice what the baja's did. the Idea of reducing the rolling mass especially the rotational energy and stopping loss dictates a lighter tire. Does anyone know of any good LIGHT dot sand tires in 33" or 34" x12.50 x 17" which will give reasonable street performance????????????

thanks for any input
paul

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Dueler at revos are in your future then, I have a set , they are awesome tires and give you best of both worlds.. they get my rep for what you are looking for..

·
Registered
932 Posts
I know what your taking about. I just put on a set of BFG ATs in a 35. My Toyo MTs on the stock wheels in a 35 weighed 107lbs each. BFG on stock wheel weighed in at 84lbs. I should know here in a few weeks if I can get better than 13-14 mpg. Let me know if you find something lighter.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
BFG AT's best all around IMO. Im sure you could score a slightly lighter tire but I would imagine a quality/durability loss along with the weight!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
X2 on the Bridgestone Revo Deuler AT. Go with the 285 or larger. Excellent tire so far. Great in rain, slush, and snow. Great in sand and loose dirt. Don't know about rocks. Obviously won't be as good as a MT in the mud. But all around it is an awesome tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts