Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so in the upcoming months I'm going to be installing many emergency lights in my truck. My question to everyone, how can i avoid battery corrosion from occurring once i have a fuse holder running from the battery. i'm worried because in my old car the corrosion ate the terminal and left me with nothing. i'm going to be running a switchbox to control all the lights and a kill switch for main power, on/off. So, should I also add an external fuse box to help with it or....what does everyone think? Thanks :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soooo if i spray it (i have been) monthly or so with an inline fuse holder I should be fine
p.s. im back on the east coast in 2 weeks :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oooo i think i see what i did wrong in my last car that could have caused the corrosion, i used a fuse holder in the clamp area of the battery terminal, not like you did it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts

dual battery 005 by cnckart, on Flickr

This is how it's set up now. Power for the blue sea is coming off the second battery, I have an in line 50 amp fuse. If you did have a corrosion issue it wouldn't get past the fuse. You would only have the short wire to replace. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts