Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a demello front bumper and acro lights. Recently, one of the lenses broke from a stone on the highway, I think. So what other lights will fit and not look stupid in the bumper? I want to switch to hids to match headlights and so far the only option I know of, is another set of acros, except in the hid version, x900.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I have cheapo $20 Wally World lights in mine for that very reason. Fit perfectly in the holes. Don't know if I have a good photo of them or not - you might be able to see them in these:
tobucket.com/albums/h218/FJ80/Moab%202008/IMG_0248.jpg[/IMG]
Lee,

Do you remember the part#? I want to offer anther option but haven't been able to find anything.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Anyone know of an LED option that will work in the DO bumper?
Just for fun I test fitted a Rigid Dually in there. It was pretty close but a bit on the big side. It would look pretty cool though.
Lee,

Do you remember the part#? I want to offer anther option but haven't been able to find anything.
Jason,
I picked these up off ebay. They are a lot better quality than I expected, and put out a lot more light than my cheap vato zone lights did. they fit the light hole pretty good too. :cheers:
OFF ROAD 3.5" AUTOMOTIVE LIGHT DRIVING LAMPS + WIRE KIT | eBay

winch roof basket 011 by cnckart, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Just for fun I test fitted a Rigid Dually in there. It was pretty close but a bit on the big side. It would look pretty cool though
Jason said he would be able to modify the tabs if I gave him the dually's. Problem is, I don't have the coin to get the lights right now :mecry:

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Lee,

Jason, sorry but I threw away the packaging long ago. Next time I'm in Wal-mart I will look and see if they still have them and if so get a part number.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can send the light back to Acro and they'll replace the lens for $15-20. I live 10 minutes from them and they had a 24-hour turn around time.

I believe the lights used in the Demello bumpers are the Acro H1900's. If you look at the lens you'll find an embossed marker that says "HID." The H1900's and the X900's use the exact same housing and lens. So in theory you should be able to stick a D2S bulb with an external ballast and you should be good to go. It should cost about $100 on top of what you've already spent.

-B

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can send the light back to Acro and they'll replace the lens for $15-20. I live 10 minutes from them and they had a 24-hour turn around time.

I believe the lights used in the Demello bumpers are the Acro H1900's. If you look at the lens you'll find an embossed marker that says "HID." The H1900's and the X900's use the exact same housing and lens. So in theory you should be able to stick a D2S bulb with an external ballast and you should be good to go. It should cost about $100 on top of what you've already spent.

-B
I already ordered a replacement lens from demello, but can't justify spending over $500 for a pair of x900s. I might try the d2s conversion, since I'm taking it apart to replace the lens

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Jason said he would be able to modify the tabs if I gave him the dually's. Problem is, I don't have the coin to get the lights right now :mecry:
I hear you they aren't cheap. I think if the light tab were about .375" to .5" lower they would bolt up pretty well.:cheers:

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I hear you they aren't cheap. I think if the light tab were about .375" to .5" lower they would bolt up pretty well.:cheers:
Thanks! Who knows, maybe I'll get the courage to cut the tabs and weld them a bit lower. Did my first bit of welding when I did my BMC, not very pretty but the grinder helped.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
Those are awfully close if not the same ones as mine. Mine came two in a package and have a slight bluish tint to the plastic lens.
They offered them in the blue tint or clear. I bet its the same ones. For $20 they work pretty darn good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone know if any of the above mentioned fog lights take an '880' bulb type? I have a DDM HID kit laying around from a previous vehicle and want to find fog lights for my demello bumper that I can use as the host.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts