Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy FJ Forumites!

I've got a doozy of a pickle up here in the frozen tundra of VT.
My 2007 4WD FJ has periodically thrown me the VSC Trio of lights (Most often on really cold mornings) for the last several months. Typically, once the temp warms up, off they go. My basic OBD2 reader tells me it's a P0606 ECM/PCM Processor, which according to the Forums, is mostly likely a false positive...and usually stays gone for awhile after a reset. Well, just the other cold day, they came back on... this time with the (!) BRAKE light too... (even though the e-brake was fully off. Then a few hours later, while idling in a parking lot with my foot on the brake, the ABS warning light illuminated accompanied by what is best described as an Angry, incessant SHRIEKING BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP... That doesn't shut off... ever... and comes on as soon as you turn the key to on...
And I checked the gas cap.
And I disconnected and cleaned and reconnected the battery.
And still she shrieks at me...like a jilted lover who's devotion I have taken for granted.
Please help.
Anyone?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Well since you said you disconnected the battery that took my idea off the table. :)

Reactions: Winterpeg

·
Admin
8,445 Posts
Well since you said you disconnected the battery that took my idea off the table. :)
Ditto to this.... and I'll add that I've heard stories of all kinds of weird stuff happening with a low battery... might want to check on that too.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Buy her a diamond... :x

Sorry not much help. I've never experienced or read anything like you're problem.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,779 Posts
Maybe a bad ABS sensor or a bad connection with one.

Reactions: cwheeler

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Difficult to come to any conclusion, but 9 times out of 10 it is a bad ground, a bad connection (corrosion, pulled away), a damaged wire or a sensor. I would check all the ABS speed sensor connections at the wheels, since you've had so much snow & cold, I could easily see wires frozen and pulled away from there connectors or disturbed sensor rings, or pick-up brackets. Check that you have the correct clearance between rings and pick-ups. GL

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,552 Posts
Yes the cold and road glop up here really do weird things to our FJs, don't they?! Hope you have a garage...
Oh, and welcome...from VT - very cool to meet another on in here!! :rocker:

·
Registered
108 Posts
ABS light may be a bad brake switch behind the brake pedal. If im not mistaken you will need a Yota technician to read the ABS trip codes. Mine just went bad and i also have a 07 with 110k miles. Its like a 25 buck fix just for the part and its plug and play. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts