Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a set of lightweight black wheels to compensate for the weight of the 305/70/16 toyo mt's i'm planning on running. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance, Mike

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
x2 on the Centerline's. They're a little more pricey than cast wheels but stronger and lighter. They're also made in the USA. I had them on my previous truck and they were great.

I wish Weld still made off-road wheels. Looks like they've scaled way back on what they make.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a set of lightweight black wheels to compensate for the weight of the 305/70/16 toyo mt's i'm planning on running. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance, Mike
with larger diameter tires you have more outside rotating mass

nothing will compensate for it, you will loose mpg and hp no matter what, dont waste your money

·
Registered
17 Posts
Method Race Wheels are light Here is the link and here are some pics too
Method Race Wheels

Do you happen to know the exact weight of these wheels in the 16x8? I've been searching all over Google and all I can find is the weight for the 17"s. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome, thanks man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
22lbs - confirmed via their website and a simple internet search.
Sorry... still not seeing it. I searched through 3 pages of google results for "Method Race Wheels Weight" and I scoured over their website with no luck. Guess I'll just have to take your word for it... then again it could be this government computer that blocks certain content from websites :shrug03:

*edit*
NVM... I found it on Poly Performance's website

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Actually they fit just right.No rub or caliper clearance issues at all. I did get the Spydertrax, because of the bushwackers and did some serious wheeling over the holidays. I rubbed everything but the roof. I did so many things at once, I can't decide where the problem came in
I did Camburg, uca's Spydertrax and General Grabbers. I really didn't notice any rub until I installed the grabbers. I'm beginning to think the grabbers are bigger than advertised. I had to recut my body mount and I still rub the inner fender above the body mount. Plus the rear part of the back wheel well gets rub too. I have never rubbed anywhere near that before. I think I need to get a tape and measure them .

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
No worries. I had looked awhile back @ running those with stauns and 35s after bellydocs suggestion. Definitely nice wheels.

Did you have to run spacers for them to fit? I'll be running a TC LT kit so I'll be pushed out slightly already.
With the LT Kit you may have to revisit your inner fenders. That pushes you out 2"?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Try centerline wheels. They seem to be on the lighter side and have some cool wheels.
If you plan on doing any offloading I would consider using a wheel that will hold up to offroad use
x2

Keep in mind that really light weight wheels cost a lot of money. The last thing i want on my mind as i am trying to negotiate a tough obstacle is "Man i hope i don't scratch my super expensive wheels"

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
The Method Race Wheels are only about $140 each. They seem strong too.
I think scratches are character
I made a conscious decision to buy nice looking wheels that I wasn't going to baby. I will live with the damage, or replace when needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts