Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 FJ DESERT SAND 80k miles 4X4 No mud bogging. Daughter used it last 3 years of high school and now gone away to UPENN. Only one of 5 from entire state of GA. She loved the little toy. She adored the FJ which at first she claimed was an ISIS VEHICLE LOL 😂.
SO WITHOUT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH. HERE IS MY QUESTION 🙋‍♂️
SOME MINOR CHIPS N CRACKS NOTICED.The vehicle is always outdoors. Wondering if I should Linux the whole car/truck with a green LINEX. Or just let the vehicle age gloriously and keep everything original?
The drive from Georgia to Pennsylvania is not a short one. But I might just gift it to her with the newly sprayed LINEX.
Hopefully she will appreciate it. Upon graduation I will probably get her a Toyota Supra or a 3 series M package as a grad gift.
THOUGHTS PEEPS 😍😍😍😍😍

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
36,618 Posts
There have been several people that have done theirs.

·
13,996 Posts
I'd change all the fluids, brakes, tires, maybe add some steel front & rear bumpers and sliders/side protection too and let her keep driving it.

Spray it, vinyl wrap it or leave the paint alone, but there's no safer vehicle out there. Outfit it for more of Life's Adventures.

Expedition One is a forum Supporting Vendor and has excellent products. https://www.exp-one.com/

·
Admin
8,067 Posts

·
Admin
8,067 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Maybe tell her your thinking of linexing it and see what she thinks. If she like the idea do it if not don`t do it. Especially if your going to give it to her. :)

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Maybe tell her your thinking of linexing it and see what she thinks. If she like the idea do it if not don`t do it. Especially if your going to give it to her. :)
Great advice! Unless you want to surprise her with it. Since she is up here in the NorthEast...may I suggest a good underbody coating? You need to take care of rust on the bottom side! Also, like @Hannibal suggested, do all of the preventative maintenance! Then, if you have room in the budget leftover...why not? I like the Line-X look!

·
Admin
8,067 Posts
Around $4600

I spent over 10 years scraping off the paint going through tight trails... And there were some rust spots that had to be dealt with .... So I bit the bullet and did that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A guy that works near me has one covered in black linex. Doesn’t look as good as the green one above. It is peeling in places and has blue paint showing through. Also has blue showing in the Toyota emblems. my point is that it can look good. And it can look bad.
Greg

·
Admin
8,067 Posts
Likely the difference between a DIY job and a professionally done one, like mine.

The prep work was unreal....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts