Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer sent me a photocopy of about 30 pages worth of info on the FJ. Looks like a bunch of info to educate the salespeople. A lot of info on the different transmissions/4wd systems. Nice picture demonstrating the "fording depth" (27"! never was brave enough to take my 4runner past 12") Does anyone know if there's a link to this stuff online? It has a "do not duplicate" on it (plus it is a lot to scan), I'd like to send this info to of my old buddies who enjoyed rides in my old 1970 FJ40...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'd just assume get all my info from the salesguys on this forum.............yeah right. We'd love to see your stuff mr. billthomson.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If faxing is easier for you, let me know and I'll give you my number. I get my faxes via email and can send it back to you or post it here.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Share the wealth please..... Love to read it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chewey46 said:
Share the wealth please..... Love to read it.
Wasn't clear to me if these things were already out there as common knowledge. I seem to be dealing with a very inexperienced salesman, not sure if he was even supposed to send me this stuff.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
billthomson said:
Wasn't clear to me if these things were already out there as common knowledge. I seem to be dealing with a very inexperienced salesman, not sure if he was even supposed to send me this stuff.

That's even better.... an inexperienced salesman!!!! Is it in a pdf file??? I would like to take a look if you could email it please.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else noticed Bill has a photocopy and doesn't want to scan 30 pages (probably individually into a flatbed)? We need to offer an alternative - anyone near him want to do some scanning? Anyone else have the same information available?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
FJ Noir said:
Has anyone else noticed Bill has a photocopy and doesn't want to scan 30 pages (probably individually into a flatbed)? We need to offer an alternative - anyone near him want to do some scanning? Anyone else have the same information available?

I see that now you point it out. :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I want to give EVERYONE a copy, but I currently only have a hardcopy (and a flatbed scanner). I was actually looking for a softcopy. If it turns out that this info isn't available elsewhere I'll find someway to make it available... If I have time tonight I'll scan the 1st couple of pages just to see if you guys recognize the info (FYI I'm in Canada so the pkgs may be different)...

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I'll try to get all this jazz posted for you tomorrow, or at least faxed, Please IM me if you have the ability to receive color faxes

·
Registered
84 Posts
billthomson said:
My dealer sent me a photocopy of about 30 pages worth of info on the FJ. Looks like a bunch of info to educate the salespeople. A lot of info on the different transmissions/4wd systems. Nice picture demonstrating the "fording depth" (27"! never was brave enough to take my 4runner past 12") Does anyone know if there's a link to this stuff online? It has a "do not duplicate" on it (plus it is a lot to scan), I'd like to send this info to of my old buddies who enjoyed rides in my old 1970 FJ40...
Any local Kinkos, even most progressive offices copier machines allow scanning into a pdf file for immediate and simple posting onto the web. Ask your favorite secretary if she knows how to scan the documents into a pdf file and it would only take about 30 seconds!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry worked late last night & didn't have time to scan any. The thing is labelled "Product Specification" on the front, to be honest the info in it could have been condensed into about 5 pages, the info on each page is pretty sparse... The 1st 5 pages are useless, pics of the Fj next to old 40's and text about "legacy". Don't have anything besides the acrobat reader on my machine @ home so it'll have to be jpgs. Oh, & they've laid off almost all the secretary's where I work, so that route won't do...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts