Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this upcoming weekend 7-26-08 (Sat) I am going to go to Spring Creek for a little wheeling. If anyone would like to join, lets go. We will meet at 12ish.

Hope to see a fellow FJ or some others. I am in a Silver FJ with 3" lift.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Can't make it Saturday, helping throw a surprise b-day party for the bro-in-law. Sunday?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm up for it. I've never been to Spring Creek.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I might be able to make it to spring creek this weekend but I will not know until about thursday or friday. By the way im new to the forum.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats going on in October?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we will meet at Spring Creek at 12ish

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Just got back from the Ouray on Sunday, and have the weekend booked for after-trail maintenance (no time since coming back).

But, will have to check out Spring Creek soon, that's for sure! Hey, take some pics and post them in the trails section when you return. Can never have enough photos of the different trails around Texas...

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
JoeUser said:
.... Hey, take some pics and post them in the trails section when you return. Can never have enough photos of the different trails around Texas...
this is about how well maintained Spring Creek is:

with some of this thrown in:

and this:

*note NONE of the above photos are of Spring Creek -- but they could be because thats what it looks like*

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you say so. I do some wheeling at Spring and it not bad at all. It does have some over grown parts but guess what IT'S WOODS.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Was just there this past weekend, yes the Creek isn't the best but it's the only decent you're going to do within an hour drive of downtown Houston. Too bad I'll be out of town and working the next 3 weekends or I'd meet you down there.

Some of my faves from the Creek

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm out for this weekend, sorry. I have to go under the knife for some very minor surgery on Friday and I'm a self pay. :( I won't have the funds to go.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Ahh I remember wheeling with you in that second half of pictures (that's my FJ [black no tire cover] in that shot with the four climbing the rock wash out). Yes there are a few decent spots, and yes it is the woods after all. The only spot a hour out of downtown Houston? Yeah I guess exit 123 is a tad bit more than a hour for General Sams.

I guess my sarcasm is for the fact that SpringCreek is more often a big mud pit, and over grown, under maintained trails than the glory shots you posted. That and the muddy sandy water of SpringCreek eats FJ pulleys like breath mints. :)

Oh and don't forget the fact, simply crossing the creek can get your truck impounded on the spot if patrol is in the area.

Oh and let's take a moment to remember Victor1212's ti FJ featured in the big splash... FJ's can't swim.

Overall, for a quick impromptu get your truck dirty spot, Spring Creek fits the bill well. And yes the owners have within the last year done more work up front of the park -- which is good.

The ToyMaker is a good guy, Im glad him and his family give us Houstonians a place to mess around once in while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts