Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD! - "LittlePassengerSeats" Third Row Seat for sale

Update: SOLD!

I'm selling my third row seat from LittlePassengerSeats. My son has just about outgrown it at 11yrs old and it's in such great shape that I'd like to see it go to someone who can use it more. I have well over $1K invested and am asking $750. Likely too heavy to be worth shipping, so pickup in Las Vegas, NV or meet me near Disneyland 01/24 or 01/25.

Here's a link to the web site with all the details: FJ Cruiser Third Row Seat, Suv 3rd Seat, Leather Suv Seat

I have the "Third Seat Deluxe Package" which includes 2-retractable shoulder belts, 2 adjustable head restraints and a center lap belt. I'm including my custom fabricated, all steel, hinged lock box base which has been really useful.

Unlocking the base allows the whole seat to swing up to access the storage area underneath.

I'll also include my custom carpeted wooden cargo deck/sleeping platform system which was made to work with the storage base. I made this in three pieces to allow the hinged lid to be used as a storage base cover/cargo deck, with the larger section to allow me (6' tall) to sleep, and with a smaller section to allow my kids to sleep as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, everything pictured for $750????
Yep, that's the deal. The only things not included are the tools shown, and there is an M-PAC rack mounted on the back of the seat that I'm going to take off and remount on the rear door where it normally goes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm too far away, Baton Rouge. I'm sure someone will pick it up quick though. Let me know if they don't. I may contact you in the future for help building one if that's ok. I've read your thread about this build and have been really impressed.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I may be interested in the seat only for my FJ40 project.

What is the width and weight for the seat alone?

Any interest in a trade for more MPAC stuff?

Doc

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where the seatbelts are mounted, but from the picture on the website it appears the seatbelts are mounted at the base of the seat. If that's so, really bad things can happen in a crash. Even if a kid only weighs, say 80lbs, in a 20g accident the shoulder strap will tighten and crush down the seat and the kid sitting there with 1600lbs of force. Spinal compression is the result and it's really bad. I don't want to rain on your sale, but unless the manufacturer has provided some sort of seatbelt mounting bar behind the seat (at roughly shoulder height) or unless the buyer figures out their own solution, the shoulder harness should never be used. (Lap belt is fine.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does it attach to the floor?
Had to drill 4 holes in the floor. They included some steel plates that go on the underside of the cargo area and then bolt up through the floor with heavy duty hardware. I simply replaced the simple out of the box base with the custom steel box I made, but mounted it through the floor in the same way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not exactly sure where the seatbelts are mounted, but from the picture on the website it appears the seatbelts are mounted at the base of the seat. If that's so, really bad things can happen in a crash. Even if a kid only weighs, say 80lbs, in a 20g accident the shoulder strap will tighten and crush down the seat and the kid sitting there with 1600lbs of force. Spinal compression is the result and it's really bad. I don't want to rain on your sale, but unless the manufacturer has provided some sort of seatbelt mounting bar behind the seat (at roughly shoulder height) or unless the buyer figures out their own solution, the shoulder harness should never be used. (Lap belt is fine.)
Thanks, but I've actually seen this thing in person and have actually reviewed the testing procedures they used to meet safety standards established by the Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. I'm satisfied, but you are welcome to your opinion. (see: Car Third Row Seat, Explorer 3rd Seat, Vehicle With Third Row Seating, Toyota 4Runner 3rd Row Seat, H2 Row Seat Third)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may be interested in the seat only for my FJ40 project.

What is the width and weight for the seat alone?

Any interest in a trade for more MPAC stuff?

Doc
Hey Doc, nice to hear from you. You know I'm one of your long-time happy customers although I could always use more of you great M-PAC stuff.

Let me see what I can find out in terms of the specs for you.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Wish I was closer, we're trying for #4, and well we'll be having to sacrifice the boom box in back for the 3rd row bench to have all the kiddos legally sitting.

·
Registered
125 Posts
All those test results just prove the anchor points are strong. The tests have nothing to do with the location of the shoulder harness mounting point in relation to the shoulder height of the occupant. If the entire seat assembly (not just the bar itself) can withstand g's x weight of occupant, then it will be fine (provided the shoulder of the person sitting there is lower than the top of the seat). If it is lower, AND you feel comfortable that you could place a 2000lb car, let's say, on just the top part of the seat and not have it fold, then it's safe (the bar itself can withstand 5,000lbs, but that doesn't mean the entire assembly can).

I've had my car inspected and inspected cars in/for racing organizations and the mounting points for shoulder harnesses must be at no greater than a 20deg. angle to the shoulders. Any more than that and the spine can/will be crushed in any serious accident. Again--the lap belt / mounting points are fine and can be run safely.

There's lots of info out there on this topic. I'm not just some troller talking out of my butt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Keep me posted, I am very interested.

Doc
Ok, here are some quick measurements:

Seat base is roughly 16.5" deep x 38" wide. Weight with the M-PAC rack, bags and custom base hinge mounting removed is slightly less than 44 and 1/2 pounds (that's including the seat belts and head rests).

The seat back is angled at about 110 degrees and rises from the top of the seat about 16 - 17".

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Ok, here are some quick measurements:

Seat base is roughly 16.5" deep x 38" wide. Weight with the M-PAC rack, bags and custom base hinge mounting removed is slightly less than 44 and 1/2 pounds (that's including the seat belts and head rests).

The seat back is angled at about 110 degrees and rises from the top of the seat about 16 - 17".

Hope that helps.
PM sent.

Doc

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Another PM sent....lately, I am not sure if they are getting through???

I have the trade ready to ship, all I need is the dimensions and weight of the seats shipping box so I can make up a UPS label :bigthumb:

Doc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts