Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
@Lethalchem, steely wheel gets the grease!
Let's start with day and time.
You go first!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free doodoo App
Was on the trails and went camping last weekend. Going to explore some more trails tomorrow, then I'm going to be out of the loop the rest of the weekend. The following weekend is just as good as any for me. The longer we wait the colder it will be to stand around in. So I'll throw out next Saturday at 10am as a place to start. That allows time to chat and still have room for a ride if people wanted. I only do early mornings if absolutely necessary. lol

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Since no one else has responded yet it may not be an issue to change. How about the following Saturday, Nov 8th. I forgot about an overnight hippie music festival in Greenbriar that weekend. I have to laugh that I'm the one who needs to change my own suggestion! Lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
So; this Saturday, at Noon.
Location TBD?
Any additional takers? or is this just a blind date with @Lethalchem??
Lol! Do we even want to do it in the rain? Weekend looks pretty poor for standing around outside. Wonder if that's why there is a lack of interest. Pipe up people if there is a better time for ya!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's up everybody? So did a meet ever happen. I think it'd be cool to try and plan one soon. Sorry Jimmy, forgot about chiming in on here a few months back... guess the holidays had me busy, idk.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would be interested in a meet and greet..I've had my FJ for a few years now and haven't ever really met other FJ guys, all of my friends have jeeps lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I envy your years of ownership, hahaa. I guess we'll wait and see when the others chime in that were talking about this earlier. We could have a nice little group possibly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New to the forums and new to FJ's.... I'm over here in Jville on base. I'd be down for a meet and ride out at Carter offroad park or Superlift.... PS I'm stock

·
Registered
418 Posts
No, the meet up didn't go down. Poor weather and lack of interest I think.

This is my first 4x4 and I've had it for 2 years. I've been surprised at how much fun I have had with it. I didn't buy it with any of these activities in mind so it's kind of funny how much my interest has grown. I go out riding around and camping whenever I can. I have been to Superlifts once and am waiting to get a mod that will help prevent the pinstriping before I go back. The truck was a real mess after a day there. They have some pretty tight trails. REALLY fun trails, but you're definitely going to get scratches. I was stock at the time I went through there and the guys were good about marking the suggested trails I try.

From what I've heard, Carter is a big drunken redneck tailgate party with mud puddles. I'm not so sure I'm up for that kind of wheeling. I prefer getting away from the crowd and exploring places I might like camping sometime. I'm sure we could all find some common place everyone would enjoy though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, the meet up didn't go down. Poor weather and lack of interest I think.

This is my first 4x4 and I've had it for 2 years. I've been surprised at how much fun I have had with it. I didn't buy it with any of these activities in mind so it's kind of funny how much my interest has grown. I go out riding around and camping whenever I can. I have been to Superlifts once and am waiting to get a mod that will help prevent the pinstriping before I go back. The truck was a real mess after a day there. They have some pretty tight trails. REALLY fun trails, but you're definitely going to get scratches. I was stock at the time I went through there and the guys were good about marking the suggested trails I try.

From what I've heard, Carter is a big drunken redneck tailgate party with mud puddles. I'm not so sure I'm up for that kind of wheeling. I prefer getting away from the crowd and exploring places I might like camping sometime. I'm sure we could all find some common place everyone would enjoy though.
Sounds like you have heard right about Carter. Any other trails around here for wheeling? Besides Superlift

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sounds like you have heard right about Carter. Any other trails around here for wheeling? Besides Superlift
Yeah, Superlift is what I would consider a true rock crawling experience for this region. The other places I've been going have been more about riding a mixture of trails from dirt roads any SUV could navigate to less traveled paths that require more ground clearance. I don't know what sort of challenge you're looking for, but we could meet up some time and I could show you some of the trails I've been exploring. I take a map with me and I mark the areas I wheel so I can explore new places next time. I always catch sight of a trail here or there that makes me say, "Ohh! I gotta remember to come back and explore that one next time!"

Here's a view of some of the trails I'm talking about. You can see the main roads aren't extreme, so they are easily doable for stock rigs. Off to the sides of these types of roads are less traveled ones where you would find higher difficulty stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those photos look like some fun wheeling, I'm not looking to tear up my daily driver but I don't want to be on a gravel road either lol where are those taken?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Those photos look like some fun wheeling, I'm not looking to tear up my daily driver but I don't want to be on a gravel road either lol where are those taken?
Yeah, you won't tear anything up in the areas I posted. I think you could find whatever level you're in the mood for out there. Those pics are from the Ouachita National Forest and the one of with the lake is Lake Ouachita. I frequent those areas because they are so close to Little Rock. Lots of other places to consider, but not as easily accessible for me if I just want to go out for the afternoon.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts