Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Ill have pics up in a day or so, I will say that a few of us have very limited edition FJs now...Mike aka Tibaal is in on the deal with a pic posted...can you read Japanese???

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Ill have pics up in a day or so, I will say that a few of us have very limited edition FJs now...Mike aka Tibaal is in on the deal with a pic posted...can you read Japanese???
That's the funny thing... I don't have a clue what it says. I hope the guy doesn't have a prankster spirit in him... :worried: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
If I can find someone that reads Japanese and speaks english I will most certainly by working on confirmation that he didnt write something sarcastic....he signed the silver part under the air vent on my rig. Pics coming after I get home in a day or so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This was a great year, my 4th. There was a "buzz" in the air again So many first timers. So many great dogs, loved the Bloodhound. But no Dobermans.

I got my owners manual signed by the Chief Engineer this morning, wow.
:mecry: Still bummed that we didn't get to attend our 4th Summit. Sounds like it was fantastic...as usual.

Hope to bring the Doberman numbers back up next year! We did go camping locally, it's beautiful here too! And no rain! I don't know how I would have been tenting in the rain...still wished we could have been there though.

Hoping for Summit #5! :clap:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ok only took me 2 hours to get all the pics from the camera to the computer to the smugmug to the forum....yikes..

Tuesday Solo Black Bear run, some rain made it a bit spooky to be solo, MY FJC is way to clean

meeting up with some FJC buddies at the Ouray KOA, comparing mods..

Wednesday: Pre-run Black Bear with Chris Hatfield (Fellow Rising Sun 4x4 club member and TLCA guru ) and a solid FJC crew (Luke, Ben, Woodsman, Gaylen and others)

Thursday: 1st day to spot the 3-4 FJC runs and a bit nervous as it rained all night Wednesday
and still a bit Thursday morning. Now I know why Robbie Antononson said I needed chain in my recovery bag..
I totaled my slightly used 2 year old ARB strap on this rock...oh well..

With some help from Chris H. and Shane 4x4 (FJC Mag), I was able to swivel the 6ton boulder,
so that I could squeeze by on the shoulder and then after a 20 foot pull,
the trail leveled and Chris H./Shane had to squeeze by on the shoulder to pull me and the boulder..don't have a pic, Shane might.

So we thought we would be good to go until I came upon this slide..
It was like soup on the top and we decided not safe to go over.

So Chris H. took his group to Silverton to run trails and I headed back to Ouray to pick up Melinda and the kids and headed over Imogene..

Sunset on Last Dollar back to Ouray..favorite Baja style driving road of all time..

Friday: Chris H. spotted all the runs on Black Bear, I had promised a family day with no wheeling,
so after lunch at the Ouray mine, it was time to allow the kids to fall asleep and...go wheeling..snuck up on CR 14 and 14A..
14A was a bit of the road less traveled, and I found a ledgy section that took me to just at 30 degrees angle,
wife got a little spooked and found another rock in the trail so had to either back down at 30 degrees or find a spot to turn around...
felt a lot more steep then the picture shows..

Melinda driving the FJ just before the 30 degree angle started..

Saturday my turn to lead the first run and spot the rest of the runs for the day..

Stand off with my buddy, whom got used to me visiting this week..I waited a good 3-4 minutes for him to decide I could continue.

A little plug for Rising Sun 4x4 Club

Lots of folks enjoy rock crawling in Ouray this time of year..

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Still learning how to deal with large files on my computer. More to follow. The crew that went out with the Forest Service was great.

Just can't figure out this software. The camera/ computer just ain't happening. I load a small pic, stored as less than X size, can't upload to here. I'll figure it out.

Getting there on changing image size and editing, changing to jpeg and such. It only took an hour to figure out the first time. So added a pic of an FJ splashing on Imogene.

Attachments

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Great pics gang! Please keep them coming!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a blast fellas. Sorry if this is mostly just pics of my hoopty... I was driving most of the time. I got a couple of shots of The Don Box while we were waiting to tackle some stuff on Poughkeepsie, but that's about all I'm good for. :-/

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some of my pictures

41 - 60 of 69 Posts