Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not one to go spend a bunch of cash on stereo equipment, so the FJammer will be staying in my FJ even if it comes down to only being able to use the aux input and using it as a vessel for my Droid to play music on.

Anyhow. I had trouble with it for a month or so, Error 3 flashing. Then one day it let me suddenly eject all of the CD's that were in it. So I did. I put one back in, it worked. Two in, it worked. Three in, still working fine. Didn't want to push my luck to I left it at three CD's and it worked great for over a month. Then I put in two more, still working fine. Then at the beginning of this week I put in number six. Fail.

After fiddling with it... turning it on and off, smacking the dash, hitting eject repeatedly, I got the CD's out again. Now I have one in there and all is good.

Long story short, maybe all the problems with the FJammer could be avoided if they just weren't completely loaded? I guess it isn't so much to ask to have a CD changer that can handle the advertised number of CD's, but maybe if we can live with four or five it'll be acceptable and cheaper than replacing it!:rocker:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
That's about the same situation I had in a Ford 6-disc in dash changer. I ended up getting the discs back out, took the radio out and opened it up. I found a spring that had obviously popped off of it's hook at one end. I just pulled the spring back onto it's hook and it worked for another 50k miles and probably more (I sold it). That said, I don't even know if the CD part of my Fjammer workssince I always use the Aux plug. I know occasionally my screen will black out and the buttons don't work until I push the front face in, but it always works with the steering wheel controls. I guess the units aren't perfect...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 65k miles on it. I've read many threads griping about the FJammers doing the same thing, basically flashing "error 3". Many of the replies on said threads stated that once it does that error it's cooked and the CD player is kaput.

Part of the reason I upgraded my wireless to the Droid over my old "dumb" phone was to get the music player...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish it were under warranty, Golden. I think you may be in the minority if you've had no problems. As mentioned, it's all good since my phone has all my tunes on it anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts