Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am buying BF Goodrich T/A KO tires in the stock size and am wondering about load range . The stock Dueler tires have a load range of 113 S and the new tires come in 2 different load ranges , 112 R and 121 R . I do haul a boat and trailer with a combined weight of 4000 pounds . Any comments ?
Redboat

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
most are running load D , which is today equal to a load E. d being an 8 ply e being a 10 ply load e will rid like a bull and handle badly in a emergency stop. I say this due to the lighter weight of the fj compared to a full size pickup or Van.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That tire only comes in load range "D" in 285/70R17 . Will that fit without rubbing ? Or will my next mod be a leveling kit from OME ? I have the stock roof rack and it must go in the garage .
Redboat

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Use the factory BFG RT's as a reference; they are barely a "C" and do very well on the street. My TJ's come with GY MTR's in an "E" and were terrible on the street, Pulling a boat, I would go for the "D".. For off-road tires, an "E" would be my choice.. Ron

Am buying BF Goodrich T/A KO tires in the stock size and am wondering about load range . The stock Dueler tires have a load range of 113 S and the new tires come in 2 different load ranges , 112 R and 121 R . I do haul a boat and trailer with a combined weight of 4000 pounds . Any comments ?
Redboat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts