Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I have been doing that and some things just do not tie down very well that way. I found tie down straps at expediton exchange that look like they will help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the online vendor I bought my net from.

Cascade Nets :: Barrier Netting

Mine is 4' x 8' which you won't find on their list.

Give them a call and they will make any size you want (they are all hand made of course).

Mine is the #21 (second one down on the page), 209 LB Single Strand Tensile Strength, 836 LB Mesh Bursting Strength.

I think it cost around 50 bucks (that was a few years back).

-
Thanks for the link and information Volhoo, will get one of those barrier nets soon. Used bungee nets before and the tangling can get exasperating.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Dig up some back issues of Overland Journal. They have covered the topic of cargo tie-down and good cargo boxes several times. The starting point is a good roof rack. That does not include the factory rack. I have an ARB aluminum rack and consider it one of the very best. For tie down I use both stretch cargo nets and cam straps. I find ratchet straps too slow to secure. The cam straps are available from rafting companies such as nrsweb.com. Someday I will shoot some photos of my loaded rack.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run the strap around the bar and hook the strap to itself when it doesn't fit on or around whatever I am strapping to.
I use some of these for roof rack loads, as well as for their original purpose, loading motorcycles. Very versatile item..

Steadymate Soft Loops - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

For lighter loads, the rokstraps are a lifesaver, and worth every penny

Amazon.com: ROK STRAPS Adjustable 18"-15Ft X 1" Tie-Down with Loop Thru Ends - CAMO: Home Improvement

·
Registered
9 Posts
Full load out for those long weekends here in Colorado..

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts