Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a "Special" flyer from the stealership where I bought my FJ. The title of one of the coupons is "Breathe Easy" and they want to change my cabin air filter for the "Special" price of $49.95. I don't even want to know what the price would be if I had it done without the "Special" price. I did it myself for $9.95 and five minutes of my time. Saving $40 and a half a day of wasted time. .........:bigthumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ah, but your $9.95 filter did not come impregnated with the special dealership fairy dust that makes your flatulence smell like fresh cut grass.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ah, but your $9.95 filter did not come impregnated with the special dealership fairy dust that makes your flatulence smell like fresh cut grass.
That's a great scent, I went from "new car" to "roses" in mine.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah but my flatulence DOES smell like fresh cut grass. Fresh cut grass that has passed through a cow. ......:bigthumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
We did a group buy and only paid $5.00 each. 3 minutes to take out the old and put in the new. TaDa! Done, with $44.00 back in our pockets. :clap::clap:

Come check us out if you're in the mid atlantic states.
FJ Bruisers

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I bought a few on Flea bay and the quality is not the same as the OEM...So I went back to the stealership and let them fug me out of $29.95 at the parts counter...I did cut a few out of a Home Depot home filter but they didn't fit just right...So I guess it comes down to if i don't have the time...but the money or vis versa.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
LOL! :lol:

Fram has a carbon filter for the FJ that's better than the dealers. I think I paid 16 bucks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Summit has the Bosch in cabin filter on sale for 10 bucks. Purolator filters are on sale for 11.00 at Advance auto,

·
Premium Member
13,590 Posts
That's a great deal!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's a good deal for the charcoal premium version but not the original crap filter it comes with.

To the OP, you should really tone the "stealership" stuff down. If you don't like the dealer's prices do it yourself and move on. Stereotyping every dealership on forums hurts people who work there supporting their families. I made a good honest living working at dealers for many years without taking advantage of my customers. Not all dealers are bad just like any other business.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a good deal for the charcoal premium version but not the original crap filter it comes with.

To the OP, you should really tone the "stealership" stuff down. If you don't like the dealer's prices do it yourself and move on. Stereotyping every dealership on forums hurts people who work there supporting their families. I made a good honest living working at dealers for many years without taking advantage of my customers. Not all dealers are bad just like any other business.
I didn't want to insult anyone I just want members here to know what a "dealership" calls a good deal. ..........:rofl:
I see why your name is Gravygrabber ........:bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts