Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I have a problem with my Fj and just looking for some recommendations and advice about the central lock system in the car.
It’s not working properly because when I use my key to open or close the car it’s not work, I need to do it manually with every single door and them you push the lock bottom in the key and the car make the sound when is lock, same happens to open it. I went to a electrician to talk about this issue he said “I pretty sure but is not sure at all because he need to check the whole system is the multiplex network door Control module because this one is who control the lock and open it the car “ also he said that little thing is in the driver door and is going to cost me 300 $ and around 250 or 300 $ more for labour.
Well I found it and it’s in the rear door. It’s a little orange box, my question is should I take the risk to buy the little orange box and installed by myself or is better to take it to the electrician to fix it ? Any recommendations about it. Maybe is something else and I wrong.
Maybe someone has the same problem before and how you fix it ?
The piece part is
2007-2014 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER MULTIPLEX NETWORK DOOR CONTROL MODULE 89222-35021

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Aside from the transmitter in the key or key fob, there are two separate systems involved here, the receiver for the wireless door lock control system, and the body ECU for the mechanical key unlocking.

The only parts mounted on or in the driver's door are the switch panel, and the motorized door lock assembly.

Please clarify:
1. Do all three door locks LOCK and UNLOCK when you press the rocker switch on the driver's door?

2. Do all three door locks LOCK and UNLOCK when you insert the key into a lock cylinder and turn the key?

3. None of the locks LOCK or UNLOCK when you press the LOCK or UNLOCK buttons on the key (or key fob), but the system does respond with an audible chirp every time you push one of the buttons?

4. What year FJC is this?

The module you found in the rear door is the Rear Door ECU, and only controls the functions in the rear door.

Here is top-level troubleshooting guide; note that a failed ECU is the least-likely root cause.
Wireless door lock system - troubleshooting.JPG

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Which door have you tried with the key? The drivers door will unlock when the key is used in it. This door only will unlock with the first turn of the key. Turn it again and the other doors will unlock. But all should unlock when the key is used in the passenger or rear door. They should all lock with the key in any door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aside from the transmitter in the key or key fob, there are two separate systems involved here, the receiver for the wireless door lock control system, and the body ECU for the mechanical key unlocking.

The only parts mounted on or in the driver's door are the switch panel, and the motorized door lock assembly.

Please clarify:
1. Do all three door locks LOCK and UNLOCK when you press the rocker switch on the driver's door?

2. Do all three door locks LOCK and UNLOCK when you insert the key into a lock cylinder and turn the key?

3. None of the locks LOCK or UNLOCK when you press the LOCK or UNLOCK buttons on the key (or key fob), but the system does respond with an audible chirp every time you push one of the buttons?

The module you found in the rear door is the Rear Door ECU, and only controls the functions in the rear door.

Here is top-level troubleshooting guide; note that a failed ECU is the least-likely root cause.
View attachment 1128670
thanks for the response

option 3 but only can ear the chirp after you lock or unlock every single door manually.

my Fj is 2012

thanks you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Please clarify:

View attachment 1128670
thanks for the response

option 3 but only can ear the chirp a

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
OK, so based on your responses none of the doors lock or unlock ELECTRICALLY, by the small DC motors used in all 3 door lock actuators. They can ONLY be locked or unlocked MECHANICALLY, using a key inserted into the lock cylinders.

You have already checked ALL the fuses, including the DR/LCK fuse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not I didn’t but I’ll do it today for sure, I already check the manual to see witch ones I need to replace... manual said fuse number 8 and number 13.
I’ll post the results after check.
Thanks so much for your advices

1 - 10 of 10 Posts