Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I know this is a really boring suggestion, surely nobody is ever going to post any comments in this thread. But nevertheless, in the certain knowledge that Toyota technicians are laboriously poring through this section of the forum on a daily basis to find ingenious ways to increase the customer satisfaction in small, kaizen-like quality steps, here it comes: It would be nice if I could lock the fuel filler door.

hallo?

anybody here?

oh well...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
GREAT suggestion-- especially now

And make it just like the locking door on my 1995 T-100...

Funny how my 2006 FJC has no such thing...

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Great thought! Toyota, are you listening??????

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like that idea. Especially if it could have an interior quick release. Even my 1982 FJ 60 has a locking fuel door.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
why worry about locking it when theives have resorted to just drilling a hole in bottom of plastic tank...filling 5 gallon containers with all they want...and driving off?
I would put a full length skid plate on first that also covers fuel cell before I worried about that....and then there are already lockable fuel caps in other threads in the meantime.

it is a good idea but sounds like the bad guys are not worrying about siphoning anymore from my reading...:( :(

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
it's not factory, but there is a company that makes a locking latch for the fuel cap.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
ok, I know this is a really boring suggestion, surely nobody is ever going to post any comments in this thread. But nevertheless, in the certain knowledge that Toyota technicians are laboriously poring through this section of the forum on a daily basis to find ingenious ways to increase the customer satisfaction in small, kaizen-like quality steps, here it comes: It would be nice if I could lock the fuel filler door.

hallo?

anybody here?

oh well...
Exellent idea. I've been wanting to engineer somthing myself. I have a couple ideas but haven't had time to really fidle with it.

why worry about locking it when theives have resorted to just drilling a hole in bottom of plastic tank...filling 5 gallon containers with all they want...and driving off?
I would put a full length skid plate on first that also covers fuel cell before I worried about that....and then there are already lockable fuel caps in other threads in the meantime.

it is a good idea but sounds like the bad guys are not worrying about siphoning anymore from my reading...:( :(
Bottom line is this...
If thiefs want it that bad, there's no lock in the world that will prevent them from getting it. Ya, i've heard about them drilling into the bottom of gas tanks, but if they have go under the car and find there's a skid plate, the'll just go to there second plan witch will be to siphone the tank. Hopfully having both will deter them enough to skip your vehicle, but again, if they really want it.... The'll find a way.
Locking gas caps? Biggest waste of money there is. A quick twist with some plyers and it pops right off. I used to remove these when i worked at a dealership for people that lost there key. They were amazed, and pissed at the same time how easy it really is remove them.

it's not factory, but there is a company that makes a locking latch for the fuel cap.

not a bad idea. Only problem is that by the looks of it, they could just unscrew the bolts that hold the lock to the FJ. Good effort though.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That's actually not a bad idea at all......PLEASE TOYOTA!!!!:signed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts