Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering trading in my 2006 WRX for a stock 6 spd. FJ.

I don't want to pay more than a cent in the trade so I need to know if the manual transmission FJ comes with a locking rear diff as standard.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Bluegrass Redneck said:

I don't want to pay more than a cent in the trade so I need to know if the manual transmission FJ comes with a locking rear diff as standard.

Thank you!
Yes.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Bluegrass Redneck said:
Hit "Easy".

Thanks, old school.
Not only that, my redneck friend, but the ATRAC system is standard, too.

All you need to do is install the ATRAC switch from TRDSource.com.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bluegrass Redneck said:

Thank you!
Hmm.. I thought only the autos came standerd with the rear locker, and you had to get at least option package #1 to get the locker on the manual?? Or is it the other way around and it's the manual that come standerd?

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Tankota said:
Hmm.. I thought only the autos came standerd with the rear locker, and you had to get at least option package #1 to get the locker on the manual?? Or is it the other way around and it's the manual that come standerd?
Other way around.

·
Registered
923 Posts
JLam said:
Other way around.
ahh.. thanks! Made it a sticky in my brain.. hopefully...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bluegrass Redneck said:
Why would I need the ATRAC if I'm driving a manual tranny with a rear locker engaged at all times? Is the ATRAC only for the front diffs?
You don't want to drive around with the rear locker on all the time.

ATrac works both the front and rear wheels, and does a pretty good job.. transfering power to the wheel that need it.. in a real bad sit you can lock the rear locker for some more traction, but it disables the front ATRAC (unless you mod it) With the rear locker locked it can cause the vehical to slip sideways, and turning on any hard surface is very hard the rear, so you only want to use it when you realy need it, let ATRAC do everything else. So far I realy havn't had to use the rear locker at all, the ATRAC works that good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts