Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 more weeks!
If you haven't signed up, sign up!
Pre Registration is a little cheaper than walking up. https://www.lonestartoyotajamboree.com/
I'll be out there with the usual group of suspects again this year.
Assuming the park is dry, I want to try some of the tougher trails again this year. Last year I took it a little easy.
Hope y'all can make it, post up if you are going!

-Willy

·
Registered
151 Posts
6 more weeks!

If you haven't signed up, sign up!

Pre Registration is a little cheaper than walking up. https://www.lonestartoyotajamboree.com/

I'll be out there with the usual group of suspects again this year.

Assuming the park is dry, I want to try some of the tougher trails again this year. Last year I took it a little easy.

Hope y'all can make it, post up if you are going!

-Willy

I’ll be there Willy! Been itching to tryout my Coopers. Can wait to run with you.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll be there Willy! Been itching to tryout my Coopers. Can wait to run with you.
I'm taking Thursday off this year, so my plan is to get there early-ish.
You can find me at the ArkLaTex camp. I've got a campsite there at the 2nd entrance.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/ArkLaTex+Camp/@32.7875381,-94.8575476,17z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x86361036abf098d1:0x83c8c413af1e7e17!2sArkLaTex+Camp!8m2!3d32.7875381!4d-94.8575476!3m4!1s0x86361036abf098d1:0x83c8c413af1e7e17!8m2!3d32.7875381!4d-94.8575476

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm there! This will be the shake-down before FJ Summit so I'm hoping anything that needs to break or get fixed happens out here!

I will be in the Trail Riders camp (I think) would really like to meet some of the board folks as well to put FJ's and names to faces. I will be there Thursday-Sunday so feel free to PM to get my digits to meet up.

Reactions: Aquarius Jane

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I'm there! This will be the shake-down before FJ Summit so I'm hoping anything that needs to break or get fixed happens out here!

I will be in the Trail Riders camp (I think) would really like to meet some of the board folks as well to put FJ's and names to faces. I will be there Thursday-Sunday so feel free to PM to get my digits to meet up.
are you a TTR member? If so let me know if you would like to volunteer and get in on Wednesday and help us set things up. you will also get to meet a bunch of us locals as well as scout some trails early and of course, get dib's on camping spots.

We are also looking for volunteers throughout the Jambo event for 2 hour blocks to help with numerous other things. You will be getting free raffle tickets for the help. again contact me on here or PM me for my phone number

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
@MAD MIKE Are they doing the tread lightly thing this year?

Either way we plan on being there at or short after the door open.
We are not sure yet if Tread Lightly will be at Jambo again, however don't count them out yet.

And please do, we would love to have the gates packed again on Thursday.

Reactions: Aquarius Jane

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm registered! Got some trails that bested me last year that need to be taught a lesson, and a Stampede time that needs to be beat... and I'm ready to take the ramp at the end at full throttle, if it's there this year :D

I completely spaced on FJ Summit this year (remembered 2.5 hours late...) so this is my "big event" for 2018!

·
Registered
471 Posts
OK, let's get the post-jambo photos and videos going!

Here's a panorama of the yellow propane (I think it was propane...) truggy in action on the rock garden!

I'm still processing the rest of my media (mostly video - I didn't take many sweet photos this time), as I imagine everyone else is...

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lone Star Stampede

I ran the stampede myself, so I didn't manage to get video of everyone's runs (and the organizers kept saying things like "we don't want people so close to the track" which made it hard to get sweet shots :D). Here're the runs I did get. If anyone remembers more information about the vehicles / owners than I did, let me know.

Also... did anyone get my run on camera?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts