Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long Islanders... Come Out Come Out...CAPTREE PARK AT 12NOON SUNDAY

MEET & GREET @ CAPTREE PARKING LOT AT 12NOON ON SUNDAY JUNE 1, 2008. ENTRANCE FEE IS $6.00

...Where ever you are!

Hey folks,

It's Ahmed your friendly Trail Team member.
I'm back in town with the Trail Team Edition TRD Supercharged Tacoma, I know the team didn't have this truck at the Rausch Creek event so just wanted to see if any of you folks are interested in doing a meet and greet at the Gilgo Beach Parking lot? I would be happy to bring the truck for you guys to check it out.

I don't know if you guys were able to do a Beach Meet last month, but this would be a good excuse to come out and meet all the FJ people.

I'm going to try to get a one day permit so I could take the truck on the Beach if anyone is interested in going for a quick run.

I was thinking of Meeting up on Sunday June 1, 2008 at the Gilgo Beach Parking Lot.

You have a heads up of a week to come to the meet, since I'm on vacation from the trail teams and will be heading back on the road after Sunday.

Thanks
Ahmed
East Coast Toyota Trail Team

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey dude

Glad to hear from you

Sunday meet is fine with me
Sometime around noon?

I do want to check out that SC Taco
You will also get to check out my new mods
I will have to be sure I swap out that temporary light switch for my off road lights with the factory one I got from Toyota of Dallas

You know I cant be showing a half a$$ed job

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Tuan are you going?
I am 85% IN- getting off of work that morning.
Perfect time to tune the CB.
I think toyotaoffroadFJ needs the meter to tune his cb also.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Non-islanders invited?
Sure come on down meet all the FJ folks.

As for what time.... i was thinking noon and onwards... how's that sound?

·
Registered
320 Posts
SON OF A!!!!! I will be upstate and probably won't get back until late night!! :mecry:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sure come on down meet all the FJ folks.

As for what time.... i was thinking noon and onwards... how's that sound?
Gonna try and make it Ahmed!
Everyones rigs have changed since last time. Gotta check them all out!

Gery

Here's a pic from my adventure to Montauk - Memorial day weekend. Had to show the little one where we were married. :)

ps Give me a call, I lost your number (lost my cell phone to the watery depths)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gonna try and make it Ahmed!
Everyones rigs have changed since last time. Gotta check them all out!

Gery

Here's a pic from my adventure to Montauk - Memorial day weekend. Had to show the little one where we were married. :)

ps Give me a call, I lost your number (lost my cell phone to the watery depths)
Hey Gery,
Those rims are looking Nice and Shinny.
I'm glad you'll be able to come out to the meet.
I'm getting the Tacoma prep'd for the meet... just wear n' tear being on the trials.
I'm glad you all are making this possible... Looking forward to meeting all of you and the newbies aswell.
Ahmed

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey Gery,
Those rims are looking Nice and Shinny.
I'm glad you'll be able to come out to the meet.
I'm getting the Tacoma prep'd for the meet... just wear n' tear being on the trials.
I'm glad you all are making this possible... Looking forward to meeting all of you and the newbies aswell.
Ahmed
Hah!
If you look close you will find my bead rings in the front are a little chewed up from wheeling (they are replaceable). I haven't had a chance to polish them up at all, but I can live with it :)
Would love to see that SC Tacoma. (I use to own a Tacoma before the FJ)
G

·
Registered
397 Posts
SON OF A!!!!! I will be upstate and probably won't get back until late night!! :mecry:
Your upstate or sick whats your excuse going to be for the CMC at Rausch or the Lobster run in Maine always something with you??????????????:boohoo:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Your upstate or sick whats your excuse going to be for the CMC at Rausch or the Lobster run in Maine always something with you??????????????:boohoo:
John are you coming? How are you going to get a fishing pole all the way up on you rack???? Need a ladder? :jester:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Location update??
I spoke with MR. FJCZR (Ahmed). He is aware of the $30 parking situation. He is going out in that direction today to check out possible other meeting area options.
Location TBD. Possibly meet at the entrance to Democrat Point. (There is an area where 4x4s air down before entering that might be a good meet up point but might be logistically a bad place if there are alot of us going) There is probably a better option than that. I think we should hang tight for a little. Maybe we'll have a good option by the end of the day. Keep checking this thread.
AmityFJ

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Fellas,

I went down to Robert Moses Park and spoke with the Park Police about our Meet & Greet. He said that we could hangout in the parking lot as long as we give the entrance fees, which for Robert Moses is $8 and for Captree Park is $6. I drove down to Gilgo Beach Parking lot and saw the signs for (Town of Babylon) recreational permit only... or a $30 daily parking fee.

So in my opinion for us to get together and not piss anyone off, Captree State Park would be the best bet. It's at the East end of Ocean Pkwy, I tried to get the entrance fee waived for our group but couldn't make it happen, Sorry. It's Long Island what can I say?!?

So Let's MEET AT CAPTREE STATE PARK PARKING LOT AT 12(NOON) ON SUNDAY JUNE 1, 2008.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts