Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Long Islander's, It's been over 6 months since the Long Island FJ owners got together and I think our next gathering is long over due. Last time we met, November 11th 2007, over a dozen FJ's showed up for at the Gilgo Beach parking lot. Since that time I know we have had more people from NYC to Montauk sign up at this forum. I say we try to put another day together, either at Gilgo Beach again or someplace else convenient to all. Since time is always a factor for most people, I suggest that those interested post the days they would be able to make it as well as a location they might like the gathering to be at.

:rocker: IT'S TIME TO UNITE ONCE AGAIN! :rocker:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sundays are also good for me too.

Don't you have to be a resident of Babylon in order to get access to Gilgo's paring lot in season?

If that's the case, we could meet at any of the other parking lots either in Jones Beach or Robert Moses State Park or FINS.

Would a meet at a non-beach area be in order - Dunkin Donuts or a drive in restaurant? Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
85% IN-getting off of work that morning.
I want to test out that SC Taco!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sundays are also good for me too.

Don't you have to be a resident of Babylon in order to get access to Gilgo's paring lot in season?

If that's the case, we could meet at any of the other parking lots either in Jones Beach or Robert Moses State Park or FINS.

Would a meet at a non-beach area be in order - Dunkin Donuts or a drive in restaurant? Just an idea.
I don't have Gilgo permit. I do have Robert Moses permit. How will this work?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the permit and ready to go! My weekends are packed from now til end of July so whenever the date is, I will do my best to make it.

The parking lot formerly for OBI is always a good spot to meet up.

·
Registered
576 Posts
the state permit works for gilgo..its no big deal in the parking lot on a sunday afternoon... i vote OBI there no parking fee either...or we huff it out to smiths point

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just stumbled upon this.. I dont have any sort of beach permit (live in Westchester), would this be a problem?
I think we are meeting at the Gilgo beach parking lot, so I don't think you'll need a beach permit for that. If you want to take your rig on the beach, you'll need a permit and all the necessary equip. I'm sure someone with a permit will let you ride along if they do venture out. :)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Cool! Will check with the boss to see if I can be relieved off of baby duty.
I'm a no permit man also. Calling SHOT GUN on the SC TT Tacoma!
Brian I want to see what your rigs look like now. I see you are moving a bunch of stuff over in the classified section. You should let folks know here on this thread so maybe you can bring the stuff with you.

If anyone is interested in a few things I am trying to move also, I can bring them with me.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/want-sell/55738-feeler-brand-new-all-pro-sway-bar-links.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/want-sell/55713-trd-se-front-shocks-20k-sale-nyc-area.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-hella-500-light-covers-buy-2-get-1-free.html

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
CRAP!!
Wifey just sprung the "Don't make plans for this weekend" line on me.
Have to attend a christening on Sunday between 12 & 3 in Medford.
That sucks, I really wanted to see the TACO!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Glad to see everyone is getting excited about the meet... and yeah it is true Carl it's been long overdue.

See ya'll on Sunday.
I'll make sure I be there at 12pm with the Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
hhhmmm

1 - 20 of 98 Posts